where can i get clear satin spray?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys
im looking to preserve the patina of my bike
i love the rat look and want to stop it deteriorating

i know the vw guys use a wax stuff but this would rub off on a bike where you are often in contact with the parts

ive heard of a satin spray...
i was wondering where to get it
i now most of u arent uk based but any info on stockists or a brand i can source here would be great all the best!!!
dave.

I dunno where to get any of that, but I'm writing this post just to let you know that it's easier to make one post, and not four or five! Jut bulk them together and form one bik question! It spares space in the forum!

nice bike btw!

cheers i know,
i just thought the specific questions might draw in different responses!
new to the etiquite on this paricular forum i apologise :oops:

great resource tho guys, cant wait to get my teeth into this build :D

Aound here, satin spray (which is just a semi-matte clear finish) is easily available from the big box Do-It-Yourself stores (Home Depot etc). I don't know if you have access to any stores like that where you're located, so you may want to try any hardware-type store. Home decor/paint stores are worth looking into also.

Another possibility is auto body supply shops, many have a large selection of spray can finishes and will often be able to put whatever paint you want into a spray can.

Hope this helps.

***Edited to add: Try your local B & Q, there seems to be quite few of them around Glasgow and they have spray paints listed on their website.

-Mp

try an art supply store. they have clear that will not show up[make paint darker,shiny]

If you keep the bike out of the rain and weather...it wont get much worse.

Maybe better!

I wouldnt go through the trouble myself of trying to "preserve" it with clearcoat.

I'd let nature take its coarse.

Only my worthless opinion.

Latest posts

Back