where do you build your bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i gotta ask what kind of places you have where you build these bikes..? I do my bike in my living room.. Today i was sitting in the toilet and downloading... You know.. And sanding pedals with a drill.. That made me think if anyone does like me.. :)

Tankenstein's lab is a hole in my basement.

Since I'm not in the Build-off, I'm doing a 'rebuild' on it starting this weekend.

Stay tuned for photographic proof.

BTW, I've cleaned some parts in the livingroom before, the toilet..........never.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Tankenstein's lab is a hole in my basement.

Since I'm not in the Build-off, I'm doing a 'rebuild' on it starting this weekend.

Stay tuned for photographic proof.

BTW, I've cleaned some parts in the livingroom before, the toilet..........never.

Cheers,
Dr. T
i do all my paint works in my toilet.. i live in apartment house third floor... and build my bike in living room.. if the bike was in basement some idiot would steal it.. im sure..

Always in the garage or if it's nice, I will work on a mat in the driveway. I don't want filthy parts and greasy hands all over my house. I also have a bathroom right inside the garage door that I'll shower in if I'm really dirty.

If my wife is home, I build in the basement or on the enclosed front porch (for paint and such). If she's out, I build in the dining room with lots of drop-cloths. (Better light in the dining room than in the basement.)

I plan a lot of builds in the bathroom, and i've definitely cleaned bearing races while sitting on the pot...

In the summer I work in the back yard under a pop up canopy and in the winter the bikes come inside and I work on them in my bedroom / man cave.

The green shed

IMG_2990.jpg

Back