Where does everyone buy their kustom parts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a few customs parts for a build I'm working on. The only sites I can find are low rider bike parts.

Where do you guys go for wheels, forks and such?

Alot of the custom stuff people around here use is stuff they have rebuilt/ customized themselves. Theres a few guys here that do custom work for others, If your wanting one off stuff this is the right place theres either someone that can do it or explain to you how to do it yourself.

Yuba City Scrap & Steel or Pollak Steel Supply if my local steel shop doesn't have what I need. Some assembly is required though.

Haha! Sensor, I forget that you're from YC. I live in Sac now, but I still own a house and work in YC. I love that town.

It would help if we knew what you are looking for... Sometimes the part that looks custom isn't that custom when you really look at what it is.

I'm looking for a fork to replace the mangled fork on on my late fifties AMF Skyrider. 7" steering tube and I want a springer preferably. Unless I can find another just like it.

eBay, Craig's list, and the For Sale thread here often have bits I need...
Once in a while I'll check at my LBS, but the two here are pretty high end.

Carl.

Niagara sells the cheap springers, a variety of cruiser replacement wheels, and tons of cruiser/rat/"custom"-friendly parts at very competitive prices. Plus, free shipping on orders over $100, so....

www.niagaracycle.com Chrome springer just $37.

That being said, a lot of the lowrider shops will also sell some 26" stuff, and many items will work on 26 as well as 20s, exceptions being forks, wheels, tires....

Just keep your eyes out for any one of 80 years
of different styles on ebay, garage sales, and friends.
1st measure your existing fork steer tube length
then keep your eyes peeled for one that flips your
switch of approx. the same length.. It is getting tougher and tougher these days to find good springer forks...prices for original ones are goin up. I personally like the Schwinn, monarch, and western flyer forks....although there are many cool actors in the springer fork game...

I just got a sunlite, very happy for the $133.00 price. I did get some teflon washers to tighten
up the moving links, but really impressed. The steel is good quality, learned that cutting down the steer tube.

I'm looking for a fork to replace the mangled fork on on my late fifties AMF Skyrider. 7" steering tube and I want a springer preferably. Unless I can find another just like it.

That AMF fork should be fairly easy to find a replacement for. It would help if you could post a pic of the front view of it.
20140401_165720.jpg

You'll need a 7". I'll check my stash this weekend, but I am sure someone should have a basic 7" fork with at least a similar crown. Post a pick of the front view of the crown of your fork in the WANTED section.

Another place that has cool aftermarket parts is Chopper US http://www.choppersus.com/store/

Back