Where to get W/W S-6 (597mm)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where to source white-wall Schwinn S-6 (597mm) tires? I'm currently working on a 1956 Racer I recently acquired, and quickly realizing just how limited the options are.

Okay, thanks for the link! If I can combine shipping, they won't be too much more expensive than I was planning to have in new tires, anyway. Is there any supplier from which I can order these regularly, or are eBay and other similar sites the only option?

As I understand it, the Kenda K23 in blackwall may be the only tire of this size still in regular production. The same, in gumwall, are also somewhat common. The whitewall is scarce.

Yes- 597 is very short on tire options today. 590 is the better bet if you are building wheels. If you already have 597 wheels, the Kenda tires are ok. I have the blackwalls on my 1947 New World and they do fine. Some Ebay sellers have 597 old stock whitewalls but they charge very high dollar usually and those tires are old.

Sorry for the late response, but I really appreciate the advise. I'm starting from near-zero knowledge on what makes a "Schwinn" 1 3/8 different from all the others. The 597mm do appear to have next to nothing in the way of options. I have the 597's, and until I get things torn down a little further, I'll keep looking in that vein. If I go with a new wheel set, 590's are my avenue.

Back