Who are you? (with a bike of course)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20210520_212034068.jpg

I promise will finish DoorK. It's more the Ebike hardware holding me up that anything else, since I've decided it just needs to be a solid frame and not lean in and out. Several failed designs helped me decide.... I so badly want to pull up to the drive-thru on it.

This is me! this is our local skate ramp at the end of the street!
Myself if anyone is wondering.... NZ born, Dad was Maori (NZ indigenous) mum was a blue eyed blonde daughtered to anglo saxon european family, mums dad was italian and mums mum was scottish /english bits n pieces as they are! so this is why some friends from the US say I look Latino or mexican etc! Now ive lived in australia longer than I lived in NZ so this is home now!
De Playa.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by 76er, so no it's not. It is a "war years" Westfield originally had zero chrome and it's my understanding that you had to apply to buy one and prove you needed it for work. It was also just about a basket case when I got it.
View attachment 223869
That's an old aftermarket chainguard too, not the og. Bike looked green and I almost passed on it but a little rub and I realized it was blue. Fork was bent and broke, rewelded crooked. But the blacked out gooseneck and a decent piece of skiptooth chain with the patina'd blue made me grab it anyway.
Pardon the jargon, I was inquiring about a 27” wheel in front and a 26” wheel in the rear.

BRo thats a beautiful family ya got there and that chair on the right of the home pic.... well I can see myself sitting there with beer in hand watching motorsports!
its really fascinating the early migrations of humans! I worked with a german bloke on a construction site, we got chatting, he informed me of the whole of europe being one country called...Germania, he rekoned it dated back 50,000 yrs, I also never knew Turkey had such great significance in the early human spread as it was the central point as humans moved from africa to europe hence the name Middle east! it all of a sudden makes sense, you can even see it today , as we look at the race's of humans through asia up to china, then mongolia and finally at the top we got russia, you can plainly see the face's of these race's changed very little as they moved up the globe, it was just skin color, if you go to deep russian mountanous area's theres a lot of them look asian in the face but are white skinned people, so it surprise's me that even today we live with racisim, as humans we do forget things pretty easily but we remember well too!

I mean no disrespect to your fine family but this thread is for pictures of US with our BIKES.
So many threads lately have been drivin' off topic, even I did it earlier in a thread I started...
ZmbiDrm20.jpg

to answer earlier inquires... Harlequin is a 26" rear with a 20" front, so NOT a burrito or a 76er and DoorK has an old Jeep pickup door.

Last edited:
I got this cheap Insta360 camera and attached the tripod to my frame with silicone bands to record my commute. Got some 360s? Post 'em up!

I don't know about other cities but riding antithetic to traditional reason is safer than dodging drivers exiting their vehicles or missing me in their rear view while turning with less need to look over my shoulder. While it definitely feels rebellious it's actually far safer. According to NYC laws I can ride anywhere so long as my path is obstructed by traffic. Court proven and approved.

Last edited:
I mean no disrespect to your fine family but this thread is for pictures of US with our BIKES.
So many threads lately have been drivin' off topic, even I did it earlier in a thread I started...
View attachment 224053

to answer earlier inquires... Harlequin is a 26" rear with a 20" front, so NOT a burrito or a 76er and DoorK has an old Jeep pickup door.
No disrespect taken, I did wonder what you were on about, thought it was a bit odd but we all have to remember that if we like a pic we see we may want to comment on it, it's not feasible to start a new thread everytime we want to reply, this is why we gotta be wary to not HIGHJACK a person's post by going off topic.... Just like im doing right now 🤣🤣🤣

I'm not sure what you mean by 76er, so no it's not. It is a "war years" Westfield originally had zero chrome and it's my understanding that you had to apply to buy one and prove you needed it for work. It was also just about a basket case when I got it.
View attachment 223869
That's an old aftermarket chainguard too, not the og. Bike looked green and I almost passed on it but a little rub and I realized it was blue. Fork was bent and broke, rewelded crooked. But the blacked out gooseneck and a decent piece of skiptooth chain with the patina'd blue made me grab it anyway.
603946_10151287648611737_108222133_n.jpg

Not meant as a flame, but I don't understand why people willingly ride motorcycles with car tires. I get annoyed by the feel when a bike tire gets worn a little flat in the center, I can't imagine being on one that was flat across the entire thing.
I too looked at that but thought it may be for errrr ummmm??? Trike?

Latest posts

Back