Why..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do some companies put their logo on only one side of a tire. Ex. I just bought some super fat tires and they are marked only on one side, same with the thick bricks I have. It's not like back in the day where some auto tire companies did this, but you could just mount them so you could not see that side if the white lettering bothered you.. It just bugs me, one side it's all black, the other side, white lettering. Either do both sides, or don't do it at all. Ok I'm done.
Well maybe not. I'm mounting some 24x4.25 tires and holly heck what a pain in the ... it is mounting them on doubled walled wheels, took me about 30 mins just to do one wheel.

I'd prefer them to not put a logo on it that wasnt molded in to the sidewall. I can understand the 1 side thing though, gives people an option most time (unless it's a directional tire). What really bugs me is artsy pictures of the non-drive side pics of peoples bikes. The right side is the fancy side, so if you like tire logos, stick them on the right, if you don't, put them on the "ugly" side :mrgreen:

Yes,this really bugs me too. I really like all of the colorful logo and lettering molded into only one black sidewall of my Maxxis Hookworms.It might have to do with cost/profit benefits of manufacturing in large quantities.

I'm with CCR on this one. You can also use some fine grit sand paper and remove most logos. I know its extra work, but your end result will be how you like it.

Back