"WISE GUy" DONE!!!! 7/31

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "WISE GUy" ROLLER 7/15

Thanks guys & gals, one step forward and three steps back. I need to take the tires off and put in copper strips in the wheels as the gold leaf is not holding up like I planned, and I just put new grips on that match the seat. NOW I NEED YOUR OPINION, I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT PAINTING THE BARS BLACK, WHAT DO YOU THINK ?
004-22.jpg

Re: "WISE GUy" Foiled again,setback 7/21

I like them chrome. It makes them stand out.
Maybe paint your front rack copper to match the fender struts.

i think the bars look great the way they are shiny ... like the bike 8)

Shiny bike...Shiny bars (IMO). The Chrome bars ADD to the bike.

Lookin' good, that paint is SWEET 8)

Saw this live at Cyclefest. It's da bomb baby.

Well its a rider, I can even sit on it at the same time, So I got the rear wheels changed from foil to copper strapping (alot stronger) and when I got the chain on I realized how much more work I had cut out for me. The chainguard rubbed on the chain big time, so I had to open up the mount on the rear so that it made it taller,and the stock chrome mount up front was discarded for a another piece of copper strap that fit alot better to the tube, I still need to make a shifter for the three speed , and I finally figured out where the headlight will sit thanks to another piece of copper tubing, and if time allows ...a tank,,,,back to building

Re: "WISE GUy" Bugs Eliminated ,its a rider7/25

Today I will get my pedals done the ones in the pics are just for the test ride, I ended up using a crank off off and old Murray mt bike, it had a few more threads on it so I could put the locknut on, I went thru 4-5 cranks till I found one that worked, the rear tire clearance is tight to say the least , so last night I put on the shift cable and it rubbed on the tire ,so I took the guide wheel out and spaced it out about a 1/4 inch and it works alright but I still might try something else out. The headlight was another challenge as far as location ,and mounting, so this is what I come up with , I still need to make it easier on the eyes, a couple ideas still in my head, BACK TO BUILDING !!!!
004-23.jpg

003-29.jpg

002-27.jpg

001-29.jpg

005-22.jpg

Re: "WISE GUy" Shifter/headlight 7/26 pics

Very nice touches on this build! Way to go!

love it i love...the shifter location the mount you fabbed for the light nice touches....

Paint looks awesome & I'm diggin the black rims. Great build so far! 8) :mrgreen:

All these photos and you're missing 1 angle. Straight from behind to show the wide tire on the double rim.

Okay Jimbo, Looking real good. We need to get pics at the show. See you there.

Back