Wish it was mine...~~ Vintage Pedal Cab ~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipton

Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I took a different route on my ride home from work the other night. I saw this very cool pedal cab.

Rode by today in the daylight to get some pics...

vintagepedalcab001.jpg

vintagepedalcab002.jpg

Not sure whats going on with the fork :roll:
vintagepedalcab003.jpg

Brake lever
vintagepedalcab004.jpg

Can you say fixie
vintagepedalcab007.jpg

vintagepedalcab005.jpg

vintagepedalcab006.jpg

vintagepedalcab008.jpg

vintagepedalcab009.jpg

Pedal cab bushiness are popular right now in Chicago... http://www.rogerrickshaw.com/

I don't think this one has seen any "For Hire" business in a LONG time :wink:
This bike has been sitting for a long time. Just has a cheap cable locking it up. I hope it doesn't sit here all winter and slowly rot or get
vandalized or stolen. (and sold for scrap)

I would love to have it and make a Rat Rod trike out of it. :D

outskirtscustoms said:
I'd ask about it!

I would love to but.... It's just locked up on a street corner, Have no idea who owns it :?

MplsCoaster said:
Hey Skipton,
Cool Pedal Cab!
Looks like its full of history
Wonder what the symbols say...
Thanks for posting it

I was wondering the same thing about the symbols.

Also thought they might be just made up and have no meaning :?

Thanks for looking guys!

Gosh skipton, is there any way you could ask around? It would be a shame if it got taken for scrap. It would make an awesome rat.

Ratshaw!!! :lol:

You sure it's fixed? My trike axle has a freewheel and it looks like that, maybe I need a bigger photo, but looks to have bearings in it.

Drew is that Daren F. Droge. Skipton I'll show them the bike fix guys bike.We saw this on Sunday riding in the city.

NOVEMBERRIDE2011003.jpg

NOVEMBERRIDE2011004.jpg

HotRodRob said:
I would canvas the area to see who owns it. It's definitely being neglected judging by the flat tires. It needs to be saved before it's stolen.
outskirtscustoms said:
I'd ask about it! I would love to have one. Would be killer for swap meets and hauling bike parts.
jackdaw said:
Gosh skipton, is there any way you could ask around? It would be a shame if it got taken for scrap. It would make an awesome rat.

Ratshaw!!! :lol:
Yea Skipton ask around.Let me know when you have it and need to drag it down to LET"S DO THIS LLC World Headquarters I'll be sure I'm busy :D

Ha I see Ricks point never make the first turn into the basement :lol:

Yea Skipton ask around.Let me know when you have it and need to drag it down to LET"S DO THIS LLC World Headquarters I'll be sure I'm busy :D[/quote]

oldgreaser,

I think i will leave a note on it. I was already thinking of how to get it home ( and since I don't have a Subaru Brat :lol: I think I could push it home just over a mile.

XC204 said:
Ha I see Ricks point never make the first turn into the basement :lol:

XC204
This would have to be a back yard project.. and keep it in the Hillbilly Garage AKA.. LET'S DO THIS BIKES LLC ANNEX
:roll:
tent011.jpg

MagicRat said:
Bolt Cutters,a coupla quick friends and a pick up truck late at night...

Probably a joke, but not funny. :x

My daughter's only bike was stolen a couple weeks back and just realized that one of my son's bikes has been stolen since then.

Hey Yoot,Not a joke...Just sayin' how easy it is to hork it.

I feel bad about your kids bikes.

subadrew said:
here's when he picked them up with some help from another buddy.
whomptrikebefore.jpg

This photo makes me laugh out loud :lol: :lol: one small car-truck Two huge pedal cabs plus a frame :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Skipton said:
subadrew said:
here's when he picked them up with some help from another buddy.
whomptrikebefore.jpg

This photo makes me laugh out loud :lol: :lol: one small car-truck Two huge pedal cabs plus a frame :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh come on, I could haul those on a bicycle. :lol: :mrgreen:

P7240071.jpg

31ba761c-01ae-7eab.jpg

I saw this Korean? military trike at a surplus store nearby. It absolutely intrigued me an part of me wanted so much to buy it, but a good look at it dissuaded me. And example of the quality: the front hub appears to be made of cast iron. I do love the size of the cargo area.

Latest posts

Back