Womens 24" skip drive Hawthorne...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
OK, I really need your valued opinions here.....I have had this bike hanging around for a bunch of years, really cool because it has all the orig parts, a cool basket, blown wheels...(spokes) and need to do something to it....after taking it down.

IMG_2070_zps36968430.jpg

ac628237-9366-48df-abc7-1c288dd633b4_zps492af7eb.jpg

Should I....
1.) NOT change it, but rebuild the wheels with new stainless spokes, regrease/polish and give it to a small rider
or...
2.) Rebuild the wheels RAT with 27" 400 gram rims and high pressure skinnies with a 3-spd coaster?

I don't want to wreck this bike if its not worth ratting....thanks for your honest opinions..:cool2:

Last edited:
I think it looks Great right where it is, What a perfect place to Hang a Bike !

~RafaeL~

ahhh !!! So thats sort of what my frame would have looked like if I purchased it as a whole bike... Considering mine was from 1939. I want to keep it's curves,but I prefer mens bikes... So I cut the bottom bar,and made a top bar,it has electra 24' rims with 3' fatti o... Now it has a original 1940 throw star skip tooth crankset(same as yours) filed down to take a normal chain....I welded the top bar in so it was the same as the rest of the frame... Would have liked to keep the original color but it was the same as yours,with red and silver+ green sprayed over...

Back