Worked Way Cool Karfer's Design

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm building a frame and the pedals are about 2 inches away from the back wheel. I thought about all the ways I could solve this problem. I could buy (eeek) a tripple tree front fork ,or a schwinn type springer,but I already have an original monark springer that has never found a home. The problem was that the monark springer is straight and even though it looks cool ,it wouldn't solve my problem ,and the wheel will still be in the same spot......I built some longer rockers ....problem solved. These are too straight and the middle hole needs to have a higher part where the rockers will point down some. So this is just for a visual aid ,and the next set will be designed differant.

rockers001.jpg

rockers002.jpg

Re: Worked Way Cool

Yeah...it's looking meaner and meaner with every modification.

This is definitely not a girls bike....it needs to be ridden by a 38 year old male custom bike forum owner. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Yeah...it's looking meaner and meaner with every modification.

This is definitely not a girls bike....it needs to be ridden by a 38 year old male custom bike forum owner. :wink:
Yeah. But is he gonna cook supper and do your laundry?

KOTA said:
Rat Rod said:
Yeah. But is he gonna cook supper and do your laundry?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cool mod i love the monarch fork when done like that u know where i did that mod :D

I can't imagine why you would want your aunt mad at you. :D

Ok I got the design flaw fixed. This was just to solve the problem . I will have my fab guy build me some cool looking ones...you know kinda swoopie curvish looking. I moved the middle hole up and it gives the fork room to work. It will bounce like a basketball player now and not ever hit the tire. :lol: Ok I must have stolen Karfer's design. Maybe that is why I saw the fix. :oops: :oops: Ok I need to change the name of the bike to stolen ideas instead of last shot....basmans frame design...Karfers monark rocker idea...shoot I'm on a roll.

fixedbetter001.jpg

lolol i was not implying that at all when i did it to mine i did it for the exact reason you did wanting to move the front tire out fowards. in your case to get more crank clearance, in mine to add the illusion that i had made the frame longer. its all good it ain't my mod i am sure someone did it before me. is that an original fork or the aftermarket one? u know how i feel about the repop forks og ones are cool and i like your second design as well nice work you do all your tube bending with that harbor freight bender?

i think its possible to have similar original thoughts sometimes ... i could have swore i came up with the perfect pancake maker, and i could of swore i wrote freebird in jr high.

glad to see you changed the rockers,cause i know how easily those forks can bottom out on the tire! :shock: cant wait to see this baby finished! :)

Hey Karfer I was out there last night trying to figure out what kind of a fork would move the tire forward the most and I saw those rockers I had made for that brainfork . I thought man I could stick them on that monark and it would move the tire forward a couple inches....I thought I had a revelation and actually came up with a good idea....I'm old ...what can you expect...where did I put my glasses. I look at every bike I can and store them in whats left of my mind and hopefully can design something cool. This one is just a copy . If I use anybodys idea as my own just slap me and maybe I can remember. :lol: The Monark fork came off of a girls bike I bought once. I also have a copy that is totally welded and another original that is just parts that I got from Hooch a long time ago. Yeah I used it on the 1 1/2'' tubing and my hydraulic on the 5/8 schedule 40 . I three pieced the down tube because I dont have the ability to go from a bend one way to a bend the other. I used a prebent 90 and welded it on to my bends.

Jon they really work good now and will collapse all the way without hitting the tire.

CCR I thought you wrote Proud Mary...Born on the Bayou and Graveyard Train....could have fooled me. :shock:

thanks you are super skilled heck i am just now getting my feet wet doing my own full up frame thanks to sensor :D . i have the crummy harbor freight orange bender i was thinking of picking up the one you have too but i might try a few other ideas i have. it should be interesting

I will tell you the truth Karfer ,I'm thinking about going back to maybe 1'' tubing and then bending it with an electricians conduit bender. They do good bends and you can change directions without distortion that a roller bender does.

that is good to know because most of the tubing i have for my new bike is 1"

Back