working on bikes and a buddy stopped in

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was out in the yard and my little buddy stopped in to see what I was doing, thought I'd share the pics with you guys, this is the first I've actually got him on camera. He's not timid at all. But I am a bit of a squirrel too so I guess I fit in. I had to go in and get some peanuts for him. He'll actually take them right from your hand, eat it, and put the shell back in your hand.

P9100143.jpg

P9100132-1.jpg

scrumblero said:
they get airsoft in my yard, they terrorize my undead cat :x
Yeah I don't have any pets other than the squirrels outside, they do tend to like dropping walnuts in the yard occasionally which is annoying especially when you get hit with one. but I still feed them.

Just so you know, my German Short hair Pointer has taken a vow to rid the world of every squirrel. He saw the pics and is heading your way as we speak!

Buck Masterson said:
Just so you know, my German Short hair Pointer has taken a vow to rid the world of every squirrel. He saw the pics and is heading your way as we speak!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Airsoft gun here to, those supid things, theres so many here, they are wreaking whats left of my grass! digging holes, putting nuts in the ground? go do it somewhere else! lol

Rabies shots used to be real bad...a couple dozen injections in your stomach. :shock: Now I hear it's only a couple of shots in the arm. Don't get bit messing with that tree rat. :p Gary

When I was young a million years ago , my grandfather use to feed a squirrel pecans in his back yard. He got it where it would come up and take them from his hand. One evening he decided it was tame enough and kinda tried to pick it up....lots of blood and stitches later he realized that for some reason the squirrel didn't like his thumb. The rule on this is, don't mess with wild animals if you like your body parts.

SQUIRREL FRICASSEE

2 dressed young squirrels (2 lbs.)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 - 3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp. grated onion (optional)

Wipe squirrel thoroughly with a damp cloth. Remove any hair and scent glands. Examine carefully to locate imbedded shot and remove with a sharp pointed knife. Wash thoroughly inside and out in warm water. Drain well and cut into serving pieces. (Never wash after cutting up.) Combine salt, pepper, and flour. Dredge meat and coat well. Heat shortening in a heavy skillet; brown meat slowly on all sides to a rich brown (about 15 minutes). Add 1/4 cup of water; cover tightly; reduce heat and simmer gently until tender (about 30 minutes). Add remaining water as needed.

Squirrel should be very tender when done. Remove squirrel to a hot platter; cover and keep hot. Blend any leftover seasoned flour into the fat remaining in skillet. Add milk gradually and cook until gravy boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Serve at once with squirrel. Add the grated onion for additional flavor, if desired. 4 servings.

Uncle Stretch said:
When I was young a million years ago , my grandfather use to feed a squirrel pecans in his back yard. He got it where it would come up and take them from his hand. One evening he decided it was tame enough and kinda tried to pick it up....lots of blood and stitches later he realized that for some reason the squirrel didn't like his thumb. The rule on this is, don't mess with wild animals if you like your body parts.

Yeah I wouldn't try to pick him up, he's just fine on the ground where he is. I just feed him, it's funny in the winter when we got snow to watch him go scuba diving for peanuts.

My cats will catch them, rip their throats out, and then leave the bodies on my porch for my wife to discover. Somehow, I don't think she appreciates that. We don't have any squirrels around anymore. Now they're working on the local bird population.

HaHa! My wife works for Ameren IL power co. and I hear stories about fried squirrels all the time. Gary

Back