workmans trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok guys workmans trike here ...whats this baby worth ..honestly..my nephew may want 2 get rid of it so i can build him a chopper bike but i dont wanna let him sell it till i see what it may b worth ..i know the rims on these bikes r heavy duty ..and that front drum hub has got 2 be worth a decent price...any one who has something 2 say ...just let it rip !!!! mike ( dont mind my fingure in the second pic still cant use that darn phone camera rite !! )
img1278708239224.jpg
img1278708238370.jpg
img1278708239023.jpg
img1278708238621.jpg
img1278708239478.jpg
img1278708238174.jpg

It's worth whatever you can sell it for.

The heavier Worksman trikes, including the front-loader trikes, are made mainly for industrial applications. The people that use them mainly buy new, so there's very little demand (and very little supply) for used industrial trikes.

Adult trikes in general are usually sought after by the geriatric set. And a generic adult tricycle will go for maybe $150 in workable condition. The catch is that for old people barely able to turn a crank, "heavy duty" is not really a selling point, and "light weight" would be equally important to them. So a Walmart tricycle that sold for $300 new may fetch just as much as a heavy-duty trike that sold for three times as much new.

We have several of those at work as well as the heavier Worksmen trikes. They are a very well built, that is for sure.

But I must say that you will probably be able to get $50 for the front wheel, if the brake has all the parts. The rears might fetch $25-40 for the pair. Problem with those is you or the buyer will have to come up with hubs that can handle the heavy spokes. The rest of the parts are just Wald parts, I would ask $5-15 each for the stem, bars, forks, crank, chain ring, pedals, seat and post. The jack shaft hub could be re-purposed to accommodate a wider rear tire (car tire) on a bike or for a burrito build. The 4 pillow block bearing run about $10 each new so I would ask $20 from the right buyer. If you part it out you will more than likely be left with the frame. It could be hacked up for a custom build.

If you sell it whole I wouldn't think $150 would be out of line given it's in good shape. Might start at $200 and see if anybody bites.

If it was mine I would use it as a base for an awesome build. They have a lot of potential hiding in there waiting to be released.

Hope this helps in some way.

why sell the trike? what you should do, is make a really cool chopper trike.
:)

thanks udall ...i figured it would b worth more parting it out !! icy...thats what i wanna do but he wants a 2 wheeler chopper ...he is autistic,and has fetal alcohol syndrome,,and is pretty much messed up ...so he thinks ppl will make fun of him on a trike ,,,i say no ,not if we build it up real cool!!! he wants what he wants ..LOL so i guess i have 2 build him a chopper bike ...now i have 2 find another fat stingray wheel ...cause he wants a fat wheel ....anyway thanks guys mike

mikesbikes36 said:
thanks udall ...i figured it would b worth more parting it out !! icy...thats what i wanna do but he wants a 2 wheeler chopper ...he is autistic,and has fetal alcohol syndrome,,and is pretty much messed up ...so he thinks ppl will make fun of him on a trike ,,,i say no ,not if we build it up real cool!!! he wants what he wants ..LOL so i guess i have 2 build him a chopper bike ...now i have 2 find another fat stingray wheel ...cause he wants a fat wheel ....anyway thanks guys mike

Maybe you could show him some of the cool trikes we have here, he may have a change of heart. :)

I like the purple trike of course!

The one with the car stuff is a little odd, kinda wannabe recumbent. Tires definitely look too big.

I want a trike really bad but man no idea where to find one and shipping is dang near impossible but some Ive seen on this site are jealously awesome :roll: :roll: :roll:

lol nope shipping is crazy high Im sure but is the rear end seperate from front? thats would work LOL just rear end

Back