Worksman Bikes,...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a deal fell through here on the site for a Worksman frameset I bought, I simply decided to bite the bullet and order the one I really wanted in the first place, I called this morning and ordered a new Chrome Newsboy. The guy Al that worked there was really cool and very helpfull, he let me deduct things from the bike that I didn't need to save me some coin, I plan on doing a bmx build with it so I had them keep the seat, handlebars and stem, tires and tubes. Turns out he used to race bmx bikes and that was the reason he was there, also really into bikes. I am getting the 11g spoke chrome wheels and all the other bits and pieces, they should be alot heavier duty then any Arias I could build, I had planned on using a coaster wheelset anyway so these will work out perfect, saved me about 40 bucks buying it this way. Have any of you ordered a new bike from them from there factory in Ozone Park NYC? If so, any interesting info or experiences with them?

They are really easy to deal with and if you poke around on their website you can find all the parts list info and PDF's of the prices and so on. Very very reasonable for new parts.

I even went as far as trying to arrange a factory tour, since they're not a long drive away for me, but schedule got messed up on my end on I didn't go see them yet. It sounds like a really cool place to visit. I'm all about American manufacturing, and this is as good as it gets.

I ride my Worksman INB every day at work. It was retired from use on a Navy base with a bad rear tire and axle problem- typical abuse a working bike receives. I fixed it up and I use it every day in the paper mill I work in. It's carried incredible quantities of stuff and heavy tools.

heviduti001.jpg

heviduti002.jpg

It's really comfortable and good geometry for me as well. If I were ordering one I'd probably get the bigger frame model as I have long legs. This one is pretty good though since I'm always riding it carrying stuff and wearing work uniform pants, and I have stuff on my belt and a radio and hard hat.

Would love to see what you build yours into. Sounds like a cool project!
--Rob

Carbon said:
Well after a deal fell through here on the site for a Worksman frameset I bought, I simply decided to bite the bullet and order the one I really wanted in the first place, I called this morning and ordered a new Chrome Newsboy. The guy Al that worked there was really cool and very helpfull, he let me deduct things from the bike that I didn't need to save me some coin, I plan on doing a bmx build with it so I had them keep the seat, handlebars and stem, tires and tubes. Turns out he used to race bmx bikes and that was the reason he was there, also really into bikes. I am getting the 11g spoke chrome wheels and all the other bits and pieces, they should be alot heavier duty then any Arias I could build, I had planned on using a coaster wheelset anyway so these will work out perfect, saved me about 40 bucks buying it this way. Have any of you ordered a new bike from them from there factory in Ozone Park NYC? If so, any interesting info or experiences with them?

Thats really cool, thanks for the reply and info. I will definately post up some pics when I get it built, seeing them time to time for sale over in the sales forum, I had no idea they were an actual still making bikes American company, I was pretty happy to see that, At a solid 6' 225 lbs, it should be a good fit for me. This will be one of my keepers for sure, great frame design and seems there built to handle some pretty tough abuse, though mine will never see more then trips around the neighborhood, then polish up and put back in my house. Gives you a sense of pride when a fellow American worker says this bike will be hand built just for you. 8)
P.s. Your bike looks great and looks to have many more good years of service ahead of ya.

Back