Worksman INB geometry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greetings Rats,
I measure and draw .... for a living. I hope this info is useful to someone.
Peace!
Worksman INB Geometry [Imperial].jpg

Worksman INB Geometry [Metric].jpg

Include metric because it's better. Bone up!

That's very interesting, especially as compared to the geometry geeks frame drawing. Are frame SIZE dimensions, as cited by manufactures, C/T or C/C for seat tube?

It would be cool to be able to superimpose one frame drawing over another. A DXF library maybe?

Would you talk about how you take off the various dimensions? Do you just use sticks and a tape measure, or are laser levels or some other tech involved?

I don't think there's a standard for reporting frame sizes. Back in the day I'm not even sure if Schwinn did it the same model to model.

Tape measures will get you close enough. Keep in mind if the bike has a suspension, a lot of these are simply baseline numbers. Add springs and frame geometry becomes dynamic rather than static. They'll change as soon as you sit on the bike and the suspension sags, not to mention as it's being ridden and the suspension does it's thing.

I don't think there's a standard for reporting frame sizes. Back in the day I'm not even sure if Schwinn did it the same model to model.

Tape measures will get you close enough. Keep in mind if the bike has a suspension, a lot of these are simply baseline numbers. Add springs and frame geometry becomes dynamic rather than static. They'll change as soon as you sit on the bike and the suspension sags, not to mention as it's being ridden and the suspension does it's thing.
You could be right Desmo, I always assume C-T, usually close to reported frame size.
I'm a semi-retired carpenter and am used to working in 64th's of an inch but for my purposes I eyeball most dimensions on a bicycle. (I wish we would all just agree on the metric system, porra!).

Good points about suspension bicycles. I cheat a little and use floor-to-axle on some dimensions (BB drop), obiviously this involves tire size and air pressure at that moment. I started out using a Stabila level to get accurate reach and stack dimensions, for example. Decided it's not worth the hassle and this info is for my own purposes anyway.
I'm still new at this, if I mess up let me know.

Latest posts

Back