Worm Drink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This will be my 4th build off. The first two builds I named after Clutch songs, last year I broke tradition with Vintage Trouble. This time around I'll return to tradition with Worm Drink...a song from Clutch's excellent Blast Tyrant album.
Now on to the bike: a Ross Chain Bike Corp "Cycle Truck" that I a got at the '13 Midwest Bike Swap (thanks John) and have been acquiring the parts needed to complete this project since (thanks feebay, Memory Lane Classics, Tom Sawyers Bike Shop, Randy, and Uncle Larry).
Pics coming soon!

Last edited:
Never knew about these things till recently and man they can look very cool. Interested in seeing what direction you take it with the multiple references to Clutch.

Good to see another Coaster in build off.

Last edited:
There's a little chamfer left, but not enough. Any good ideas on how to chamfer the holes on inside of the flanges?

There's a little chamfer left, but not enough. Any good ideas on how to chamfer the holes on inside of the flanges?
Good question! Maybe a long drill going past the other flange? Would put them on a bit of an angle, but has to be better than nothing?

Luke.

tough one....I would probably use a Dremel tool with a round stone bit
if I was you. made in different diameters...
Thanks for the great idea. I took it to work and used a die grinder with a ball shaped stone bit. It worked awesome, doesn't look awesome though. It's a cycle truck so function before fashion, right?

Last edited:
Bullseye hubs were one of the 1st hub makers to recognize the importance of "softening" or "chamfering" the transition of the spoke holes inside as well as outside the hub flange. There are a few reasons for doing it. Seating and strength. If not, they can fail or loosen. smart to do it anyway..nxt time use a 1/8" round stone bit for a cleaner look.

Trucks are about the coolest bikes out there... I'll be watching this build for sure. Your frame is really hot.

They make a drill bit for chamfering the holes. I use one all the time, they work great. Can't wait to see what you do with this truck. My dad has a couple of them and I've been trying to get one for years now. He won't budge. Sooner or later I'll wear him down.

They make a drill bit for chamfering the holes. I use one all the time, they work great. Can't wait to see what you do with this truck. My dad has a couple of them and I've been trying to get one for years now. He won't budge. Sooner or later I'll wear him down.
I went with a cone shaped stone on a Dremel to chamfer the outside flanges. Worked great, looks very professional. Through some experiments found the best thing to cut that nice Bendix chrome is a stone!
Can't get much better for an opening song on an album, than "Mercury" on Blast Tyrant...;)
Indeed! There aren't many other bands that could do a better opener except for the mighty Led Zeppelin.
Now that we're groovin, let's get the build on!
Grab a cold beverage and lace some wheels:

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

by LowpowerD, on Flickr

by LowpowerD, on Flickr
20" for the front, 26" for the back. Both with Bendix hubs. KO on the front and a nice skippy on the back (which is a factory .120" hub!). They've been cleaned up and are ready for a flesh rebuilt, just in time to true up these rims. Stay tuned in, I got plenty more in store.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back