would you rat out an elgin blurbird? link

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tater said:
rydr1 said:
TommyTwoTime said:
I just bid $999, so if you want it your gonna have to out bid me.

I don't mean to freak you out if you really bid the $999, but it isn't it under ebay rules that you have actually committed yourself to buy the bike at $999 if the seller decides to sell it to you once the reserve is not met? :shock:

If an auction ends with the reserve unmet, the bidder can not be committed to buy it if the seller decides to accept the high bid. The seller can only offer the high bidder a second chance opportunity to purchase it at the price that he bid. The bidder may decline the offer to buy and the seller may then offer it to the next lower bidder at his bid price and so on. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html#when

You have to watch out for people that tell you the reserve price. He said it was a grand, but he could have had it set at $900 and one of you guys that were playing around could have found yourselves doing a the weasel dance. :wink:

But then you could come up with the 'ooooh, but that's not the Blurbird you've promised, that's just a crappy ol' Bluebird...'
:mrgreen:

If I had the money I might have gave $100 or so for it. Just so I could replace the rear section and rat it out. Either that or use it as a prototype and find a company to reproduce it. Imagine how much you could get for a reproduction Blue Bird.

Yeah at $100 I'd have to say I'd be on it like a dog on a steak. But it's just not a deal at a grand. It would be sweet to see an Elgin Bluebird low rider with a little House of Kolor paint, pinstripe, Trike kit on the back, 144 spoke rims wrapped in 24x3 whitewalls on all 3 corners, a nice springer on the front, ...... :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah at $100 I'd have to say I'd be on it like a dog on a steak. But it's just not a deal at a grand. It would be sweet to see an Elgin Bluebird low rider with a little House of Kolor paint, pinstripe, Trike kit on the back, 144 spoke rims wrapped in 24x3 whitewalls on all 3 corners, a nice springer on the front, ...... :mrgreen:
sounds like a plan :mrgreen:

Tater said:
rydr1 said:
TommyTwoTime said:
I just bid $999, so if you want it your gonna have to out bid me.

I don't mean to freak you out if you really bid the $999, but it isn't it under ebay rules that you have actually committed yourself to buy the bike at $999 if the seller decides to sell it to you once the reserve is not met? :shock:

If an auction ends with the reserve unmet, the bidder can not be committed to buy it if the seller decides to accept the high bid. The seller can only offer the high bidder a second chance opportunity to purchase it at the price that he bid. The bidder may decline the offer to buy and the seller may then offer it to the next lower bidder at his bid price and so on. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html#when

You have to watch out for people that tell you the reserve price. He said it was a grand, but he could have had it set at $900 and one of you guys that were playing around could have found yourselves doing a the weasel dance. :wink:
Or you could just take the negative feedback. They cannot force you to pay for it. I knew I'd be outbid by some fool that just had to have it anyway.

That wouldn't be good. I avoid negative feedback at all costs. A non-paying one would not be good.

Double Nickle said:
I saw on the cabe, someone predicted that frame to go anywhere around $1500-$2000. :roll:

Well, that's CABE. I love that place too, but PLENTY of guys over there trying to retire on every part they sell. To some of those serious collectors burning through their pensions, if you pay close attention to that site there are several guys that are scooping up every single nice bike that comes up for sale without batting an eye.
Most of it is waaaaayyy to rich for my blood. But hey, I still hang out over there for like the other 50% of my day. :D

Tailwinds said:
Double Nickle said:
I saw on the cabe, someone predicted that frame to go anywhere around $1500-$2000. :roll:

Well, that's CABE. I love that place too, but PLENTY of guys over there trying to retire on every part they sell. To some of those serious collectors burning through their pensions, if you pay close attention to that site there are several guys that are scooping up every single nice bike that comes up for sale without batting an eye.
Most of it is waaaaayyy to rich for my blood. But hey, I still hang out over there for like the other 50% of my day. :D
I try to hang out over there but none of my posts get acknowledged. It's like they see I'm a newbie so they don't even bother sharing their thoughts! Oh well makes surfing at RRB 10x better :wink:

Exactly Tyler :wink: I posted my new frame that I got fom Bri-in-RI yesterday and it's already at the bottom of the page with no comments because I'm new :roll: My first and last post there :)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Exactly Tyler :wink: I posted my new frame that I got fom Bri-in-RI yesterday and it's already at the bottom of the page with no comments because I'm new :roll: My first and last post there :)
:lol: +1...I feel your pain. Usually the comments I get are just fellow RRB members saying hi :wink:

skillsthebarber wrote:
would you rat out an elgin blurbird?

Well... I suppose, but you'll have to ship it here, I can't make the trip right now.
:mrgreen:

Back