TRADITIONAL Yard Art Revival

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been trying to organize my basement (aka bike explosion), which includes selling things that have been collecting dust for too long. One of those items is a Western Flyer that was rescued from someone’s garden. It was straight, fairly complete, and the patina was so nice. I bought it, tore it down, and there it sat. Since it falls in a build off time frame, I figured I’d enter it into the traditional category, and see what happens. Here are some pics of before, clearing off dust, and laying out parts.
IMG_0874.jpeg
IMG_0876.jpeg
IMG_0875.jpeg
IMG_0873.jpeg
IMG_0877.jpeg
IMG_0878.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Attach files. Click "Insert". Click "Full Image".
Then they will appear like this...

Screenshot_20240715-115008_kindlephoto-184271387.png

Keep us posted on daily progress. BO 19 ends at 12 noon Central time on July 31, 2024.

Welcome to RRB and the Build Off!!!
Great color and patina on that one.
Have fun and shows us your steps along the way so we can join the fun.

Thank you for the help with the images, it has been awhile since I’ve posted anything. Started work on wheels. The original stuff rotted away in the garden, so I had to find donors. The axle was too thick to fit into the dropouts, and width too wide as well. I removed both outer locknuts, and slightly notched the axles. When inserted, the axles won’t spin, and the dropouts act as a lock nut when axle nuts are installed.
IMG_0881.jpeg
IMG_0880.jpeg

Back