TRADITIONAL Yard Art Revival

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job bringing out and preserving the natural patina. Everything about this works together!

I have to ask where you are located? Those curb stones are really unique!

Beauty. Love that color.

Thanks for all the love! I just have to get real grips, and I’m sticking a fork in it and calling it done. OddJob, I am located in central Pennsylvania. Those pics were taken in a high dollar neighborhood near me. No expense spared, I’m sure they are some fancy stone imported from Italy or something, haha.

Thanks for all the love! I just have to get real grips, and I’m sticking a fork in it and calling it done. OddJob, I am located in central Pennsylvania. Those pics were taken in a high dollar neighborhood near me. No expense spared, I’m sure they are some fancy stone imported from Italy or something, haha.

I used to spend my summers with my grandparents in Carlisle.

That’s a nice area of town. I grew up on a farm outside of town. That’s why I love bikes, they were my way into town, where all the action was.

Cool. Don't know how old you are (I'm 63), but do you remember the old Fantasyland amusement park in Gettysburg?

I’m 40, Fantasyland was a little before my time, I think they closed early 80’s. Williams Grove amusement park is closed too, late 90’s, and the speedway before that. All that cool nostalgia is gone. Knoebels about an hour north is still open, some of the oldest wooden coasters in the country.

Your bike came out great! the fact you rescued it from rusting away as yard art is even better

Back