UNLIMITED Hackarosa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a beautiful neighborhood. I can’t imagine trying to ride up that hill on a 110 lb sidehack bike with a couple of kids riding along. Very cool bike though. Should be really fun!

That is a beautiful neighborhood. I can’t imagine trying to ride up that hill on a 110 lb sidehack bike with a couple of kids riding along. Very cool bike though. Should be really fun!
Maybe I can get those kids to push the bike back up the hill. They always are asking donations to support their basketball league or school project. I could make up a harness of some kind so they all could pitch in.

I thought I would get a lot done, but it's already 10am and I have little to show for 3 hours. I did get a test drive in but that just added more work. The bike leans out way too much. I thought I was going to fall over. The weight of the sidecar prevented that. So I modified the brace to level it up. I'll need to make it stronger once I have it at the right angle. I did a little sanding on the bike and that was it for now.

The brace was supposed to be flush with the bar, but the welder had a better idea. It moved the angle of the bike outward. I wanted the webbing cut out but the wife and him couldn't figure it out.
23 Jul b.jpg

I cut out a piece of the brace to tilt it inward. Now I need a bar across to secure it.
23 Jul a.jpg

Maybe I can get those kids to push the bike back up the hill. They always are asking donations to support their basketball league or school project. I could make up a harness of some kind so they all could pitch in.

When I read this, I pictured the poor kids hooked up to your charriot like horses with you on your bike with a bullwhip. :D :D :D :D

The welder really did add a big lean into the bike didn't he???? Couldn't notice in the ride bys, but when you rode into the garage, it looked like a 10 degree lean. That would have freaked me out. I know you'll work it out though.

I can persuade the neighborhood dogs with some leftovers from the frig. I'll have to make up a harness of some kind. I'll fly up the hill with all this dogpower! They ride for free downhill in the sidecar.
1721799951089.jpeg

I already fixed the problem and bolted on a couple brackets to the rear mount. It might be leaning the other way too much, but I can adjust it now, by adding a spacer to the upper mount, on the seat stay.
24 Jul copy.jpg

Quite the diverse pack going on there. 🐕 🐶 🦮 🐕‍🦺Woof woof.
Our neighborhood strays are nowhere near that good looking. I spray around the gate every week for all the fleas they bring. I pulled that photo off the web. Pushing my bike up the hill is exercise I need anyway.

I started early this morning. I was going to yesterday afternoon, but I had to clean up our car after the wife took it through a flood. It actually made it through unscathed just needed a good wash. "The car went for a swim!":13:

I have another bottle of gold paint coming today if the flooding abates. It took a couple hours just to get the first coat on the bike and start on the sidecar. There's a lot of area to cover. But I have my gear and brake cables all set, so once it gets clear coat it's ready to put together, except for the headlight and cowbell.

25 Jul paint.jpg

WOW!!! That flooding was crazy.
For a brief moment I thought the 3 wheeler in front of her was you bike and I was amazed you were making it through that.
Hope all is well.
Digging the gold on the bike!

WOW!!! That flooding was crazy.
For a brief moment I thought the 3 wheeler in front of her was you bike and I was amazed you were making it through that.
Hope all is well.
Digging the gold on the bike!
I didn't think the water was deep until I saw waves coming over the hood!

That was crazy! I've driven in water over the hood before but in Army trucks that were made for it. I'm glad the car didn't stall out and they got through ok. Fun video though. :thumbsup:

Back