You Guys Talked me Right in to it!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slipped out to the big W last night and picked me up a good ole Huffman Cranbrook, 89 bones. Cool bike, great frame, a few things imediately needed to be addressed and thrown in the trash, first the pedals, horrible, replaced them then the seat post, had a Diamond back lay back post I put on it. I had to modify the seat and completely remove the springs, they were weighted for a 90 pound Chinaman. Took of the fenders and chain gaurd and had to tighten the crankset. I really like the bike, can't beat the price. The only major thing I found was the the front fork when you are riding, look down at it and the left side of the fork was welded more forward then the right side causing the bike to pull to one side no matter how you adjust the wheel, so I jumped on the bay and ordered up a standard chrome fork for it. I threw on some straight bars and a stem I had from another bike. Can't wait to get my chrome fork in, cool ride. Heres a couple pics I snapped of it before it got dark earlier.

SGW-100CASIO656.jpg

SGW-100CASIO658.jpg

SGW-100CASIO657.jpg

SGW-100CASIO660.jpg

SGW-100CASIO661.jpg

Thanks, i've been switchen and swappin parts on and off of it tonight, put a killer set of Odyssey Pro-V bars and a slimmer nicely padded Planet bike seat on it and man does this thing ride good, kinda Californ-i-A, I'm really diggin it, check this out,...
SGW-100CASIO663.jpg

SGW-100CASIO665.jpg

SGW-100CASIO664.jpg

SGW-100CASIO662.jpg

Too bad it got dark you could of takin it off the ramp ! :D

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Too bad it got dark you could of takin it off the ramp ! :D

:D Hey, never thought of that!! LOL, at 34 it hurts bad enought when I fall off my skateboard, don't even want to think about gettin tangled up in a bike on that thing!! Don't seem to bounce back as quick as I used to! :mrgreen:

Thanks fellas, its a lot of fun to ride, was hoping to get a little more seat time on it this evening after work but looks like rainy weather has set in, probably for the next day or so here on the coast.

Nice lookin' bike. Just be careful on the ramps, Huffys are not known for their, er, sturdyness.
I have a longboard myself, btw.. Being 52,my body is past the rubber stage and into the china stage so I won't be ramping anytime soon! :D

Back