You in with what?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which maker / model / size would you be interested in Ian? In case I run across something.
the odder the better. A small custom builder bike would be nice. I would consider something French. English would be great. Honestly I'm only just starting to look into vintage race bikes, so I'm no expert, and I'll just know I want it when I see it. It has to have "the look". Some patina, but not a roach.

I know, ^^ that doesn't really help. Thanks for asking and looking.

I ride 54-ish if top tube is long.

Looking forward to seeing it. Trying to decide if I want to build one for each class this year or focus on one build so I actually finish on time.

Side question... Could I enter the anything goes class with a pre built frame? I plan to take it apart 100% down to the frame and start from there but the frame was welded together prior to the start date so want to be sure.
View attachment 228530
View attachment 228531
Works for me.

Hello Party People!
It's been too long. My heart hurts to say this, but I haven't wrenched on anything since my Pink Panther build in 2019. I am excited to get back in the mix. I used a Murray Eliminator frame on the Pink Panther build (which I didn't get finished in time), so because I love that frame so much, I am looking to bring another idea to life with a Murray Eliminator frame that I scored from @Scribble a couple years ago. Here's the pic he had up, but it's in pieces at the moment.

20230418_113515.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing it. Trying to decide if I want to build one for each class this year or focus on one build so I actually finish on time.

Side question... Could I enter the anything goes class with a pre built frame? I plan to take it apart 100% down to the frame and start from there but the frame was welded together prior to the start date so want to be sure.
View attachment 228530
View attachment 228531

As others have said. Break it all down and start from scratch with it.

Hi all! I am really excited about this year's build-off, and am glad that the end date of the build-off is in July instead of September. I have failed to finish my project for the last 2 years because I am too busy by August, but I always think that I still have time to finish it. Actually, the faster I finish a bike, the better chance I have of actually completing it. Unfortunately, my condition leaves me with a very short attention span. I am going to try the same build for a 3rd year in a row. It is the "Twice Round the Bend" build from last year using the Twinbar frame. Maybe I should call it "Third Times a Charm" this year??? I hope that everybody is okay with me starting over with this project. Life has been really rough lately, but I promise that I will finish it this year. Good luck to all, and I look forward to seeing everyone's ideas!

View attachment 228565

Just go ahead and give me the frame so that I can use it for Build Off 20 in a couple of years and continue my pattern of Twin Bars every 5 years. :D :D :D

I am sure that I will be building something, but don't know when yet. I sorta started retirement late last year and we decided to do some mods to bed and bath floor of our 1873 house. I'm still in the middle of some of the bathroom remodels right now, so I don't see myself starting in May. Got a few idea floating in my head. The latest one involves the 1960s ratty Schwinn cycle truck that I have. It will probably boil down to what I feel I can build in the time that is left after I start.

I really want to modify this again.

20170311_132420.jpg

I've been scrounging around for parts that I need for a Class 2 concept that my friend Los mentioned the other night. Still has the wheels in my head turning, and the plan isnt solidified yet...
20180102_150157.jpg

It has something todo with that stretched 37 roadmaster doublebar I modified a few years back.
20180211_130534.jpg

What's one more major structural modification to this frame to make it another one of its kind. ( I learned about @Uncle Stretch 's Colson's after I made it. )

The bike has had a lot of hard use since then. Looks nowhere near what it is in the photo.

Last edited:
Hello Party People!
It's been too long. My heart hurts to say this, but I haven't wrenched on anything since my Pink Panther build in 2019. I am excited to get back in the mix. I used a Murray Eliminator frame on the Pink Panther build (which I didn't get finished in time), so because I love that frame so much, I am looking to bring another idea to life with a Murray Eliminator frame that I scored from @scribbles a couple years ago. Here's the pic he had up, but it's in pieces at the moment.

View attachment 228583
@BobbyStillz , as a former OddJob Award Winner with that Pink Panther bike (still one of my all-time favorites!) I can't wait to see what you come up with this year! RaT oN~!

Hi all! I am really excited about this year's build-off, and am glad that the end date of the build-off is in July instead of September. I have failed to finish my project for the last 2 years because I am too busy by August, but I always think that I still have time to finish it. Actually, the faster I finish a bike, the better chance I have of actually completing it. Unfortunately, my condition leaves me with a very short attention span. I am going to try the same build for a 3rd year in a row. It is the "Twice Round the Bend" build from last year using the Twinbar frame. Maybe I should call it "Third Times a Charm" this year??? I hope that everybody is okay with me starting over with this project. Life has been really rough lately, but I promise that I will finish it this year. Good luck to all, and I look forward to seeing everyone's ideas!

View attachment 228565
I have one of those bikes, entered once,no time to build it, Entered the next year, still nothing.... Sometimes life just spins you around,with no time to focus.

I'm in, I have 2 bikes to build. One will be Butterball Bandit 2.0(Class 1), Just a fast build with all new gear...Has to be finished before end of May, as it will be my rider for the bike tours this year. Parts are still coming in...
And Black Pearl (Class 2) a folding frame that will be transformed. Have most parts,but need a few more things.

I've got a couple of new reproduction tanks debuting in a month or two that will be added to the TRM product line, so I'll be building a demo bike for each one.

Just need to decide which one to enter in the build-off. :bandit::39:

Add one in each class...;)

I agree with Funkme. Do one in each class if you have the time.

I won't be participating again this year.

Glen.

Glen.

Glen.
Ah what a shame mate, would have been nice to see you in for a build...

I'm in, I have 2 bikes to build. One will be Butterball Bandit 2.0(Class 1), Just a fast build with all new gear...Has to be finished before end of May, as it will be my rider for the bike tours this year. Parts are still coming in...
And Black Pearl (Class 2) a folding frame that will be transformed. Have most parts,but need a few more things.
Awesome that you are participating Funkme!

I am thinking about joining this year, absolutely love the buildoffs.

I have just found an old and very cool project 346 frame and ideas are rushing through my head.
Nice! 346 bikes are so nice, glad to have more of them here!

I myself am thinking of taking part with the leftover cut frame pieces i have in my workshop. Probably am going to make a stretch cruiser out of them :)
Like that head tube, belly tube and bottom bracket from the Electra bike i've cut apart for this winter build off :)
219835-IMG-7557.JPG

Latest posts

Back