Your favorite bike of all time?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I have seen so many beautiful bikes over my years it's got me to thinking, What is your favorite bike of all time?

Mine would have to be a toss up between the '37 Elgin Bluebird that nPence found and the Schwinn Autocycle like the one that was on storage wars.

Gary's (B607) Schwinn bomber :D I would steal it if I knew were he lived I like it that much :mrgreen:

DSC03326.jpg

Beauty in Chrome the Sears Spaceliner, beauty in paint Pee Wee's Schwinn DX, of Trikes the Columbia so far of the ones I have stood next to and of the ones that I have ridden my Murray Monterey.

My favorite bike that I've owned would have to be the BMX I had when I was small. That thing was indestructible. It went through heck and back with me. It went to my cousins for a spell then it went to goodwill or something. I really wish I knew what happened to it. I'd like to know how many kids went through it. How long it survived. If it still survives? As far as other bikes... I have no favorite. I like the look of the vintage bikes but I can't pick a favorite. They are all very nice.

Had a Murray Dirty Cat back in the late 70's that was my second bike. BMX 20" er with triple tree forks. Kids both made fun of it and were jealous at the same time. It came new in flat black but, dear old dad decided to paint it blue. I wish I had the original black bike back. It was heavy and I couldn't keep up with kids on the track but, it looked cool to cruise on and turned some heads. If I ever find one again, I will spend whatever I have to to own it.

CCR said:
Gary's (B607) Schwinn bomber :D I would steal it if I knew were he lived I like it that much :mrgreen:

Thanks for the compliment Jeremy! You can steal my bike if you can get past my guard dog...it's her favorite bike too. :p Gary

DSC03341.jpg

this 1967 schwinn stingray deluxe is my fav bike of all time.
cause its my fav style? no way!
cause its cooler than any other bike i've ever seen? heck no!

this was my first real chop/custom.
my gateway drug.
done_0066-1.jpg

4 years later and i'm still addicted.
this bike to me was a lot of firsts.

first vintage bike. (found in the trash)
first chop/stretch
first full custom ride
first lowrider
first crack at welding
and i'm sure there are many others.

the pride i felt turning a piece of trash found on the curb, into a $1000 coveted item, was hard to top.
it's since grown into an addiction of custom bicycle,motorcycles and mini bikes that have logged in hours of fun.
(both building and riding)
guess that's why is my absolute fave bike of all time. :)

My favorite bike is my Dyno Moon Eyes that I got in La Jolla a couple of years ago. I flew two bikes back in boxes as my luggage for a total of $75 each. This included air fare, boxes, tape, and a rented hand cart at both airports.....and the bikes were given to me by my brother inlaw. I cleaned up the Moon Eyes but my #2 daughter had already claimed it as her's. The debate drags on after two years. I can only ride it when she is not around and I've been caught several times. Not only is the appearance of the bike striking it is my (as in mine) best riding bike. When anyone has tried it I ask them to imagine the bike with 20 inch wheels and they are 10 years old. Makes me feel like I'm 10 years old but then again my daughter say's I act like a 12 year old sometimes :shock: .

Moon-01.jpg

Graylock

I've always liked the way this bike looked. Still miss it. This thing always got attention, where ever it went. Funny thing is, it was the most "simple" bike I've ever done.
update1.jpg

Oh man I like those butterfly bars, those are sweet.

icyuod2: I know how that is I miss my first full custom, not as nice as yours but i was 7 when i built it. Mine got stolen back in high school. I still miss it.

chopper.jpg

For me it's big tank Huffmans and Streamlines...........and one of these. '35 Elgin Blackhawk.

Just got to keep buying, selling and trading till I get there :mrgreen:

My Elgin Oriole, nothing on it is "correct", but everything is so right. Anyone that rides it comments on how easy it handles and how smooth it is.

IMG_1471.jpg

socal_jack said:
My Elgin Oriole, nothing on it is "correct", but everything is so right. Anyone that rides it comments on how easy it handles and how smooth it is.

IMG_1471.jpg

Cool frames.....can't wait to get a chance to ride mine.

ebaypics232.jpg

Back