Your favorite bike of all time?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SimpleMan said:
socal_jack said:
My Elgin Oriole, nothing on it is "correct", but everything is so right. Anyone that rides it comments on how easy it handles and how smooth it is.

Cool frames.....can't wait to get a chance to ride mine.

ebaypics232.jpg

I'd be real happy to find one more in better condition, I bet you'll love yours.

My 53 Schwinn Meteor. I worked as a busboy at Denny's back in the early 70's and the dishwasher, Big Ed, rode this to work and back every day. It sat leaned up against the outside wall and got rained on frequently. When he bought a new bike, I bought this for 15 bucks. It was covered in red house paint and had pitting so bad on the lower tubes I filled it in with bondo. How the frame still holds up is beyond me, the tubing must be very thick. The rims were shot also. So just the frame and seat stem is original, the forks came off a 59 schwinn.

zjf76s.jpg

Here is my all time favorite bike:
5284051899_34f8db8f1a_b.jpg

a Huffy Rail Slingshot 5 speed.
The picture was taken from "Raleigh Ron's Classic Bicycles".

npence said:
Here are my Favorites.
003105.jpg
[/url]

Yep that's the one....I knew if I mentioned it he'd show it off..... :mrgreen: That's a beauty man.

kidricer said:

Now that is a fork! I remember lusting after forks like that when they were the rage, but all I could manage was some add-on junk that kept trying to work it's way off. :roll: :lol:

kidricer said:

looks alot like something i would ride :mrgreen: and like my avatar

My favorite unobtainable bike of all times. A 1910 Pierce Shaft Drive with Kelly Bars . Found one with Craigspal once in Georgia. It was almost complete ,for $300 and the guy wouldn't ship or take it to a bike shop to ship. It was the worst week of my life.....well that and my first divorce.

Not this bike , one like it

1910piercechainlesscl1.jpg

1910piercechainlesscl12.jpg

1910piercechainlesscl11.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
My favorite unobtainable bike of all times. A 1910 Pierce Shaft Drive with Murphy Bars . Found one with Craigspal once in Georgia. It was almost complete ,for $300 and the guy wouldn't ship or take it to a bike shop to ship. It was the worst week of my life.....well that and my first divorce.
1910piercechainlesscl12.jpg

1910piercechainlesscl11.jpg

That is an awesome bike. love the bars too.

Probably a tie between the Monark Super Deluxe, and the 1956 Schwinn Corvette. The Monark because they're just cool, and the 'vette because that's the first old bike I ever had (and still have)!

Back