3rd Human Powered Vehicle Festival- September 2012 [Ayer MA]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay!! My vacation is going to be a ... Vacation!! For me!! No helping Mom move, no taking care of the wife after surgery (God willing), no crazy family craziness, just VACATION!!! So, I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting some of the awesome bikes, and their builders, that I see on this forum. VACATION!!!

jackdaw said:
Yay!! My vacation is going to be a ... Vacation!! For me!! No helping Mom move, no taking care of the wife after surgery (God willing), no crazy family craziness, just VACATION!!! So, I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting some of the awesome bikes, and their builders, that I see on this forum. VACATION!!!

Hey, hope to see you there!

I don't know about camping, but I would mention that any hotel near Boston would be reachable by the T. If you can get on the T by the hotel, you could transfer over to the commuter rail. (And bikes are allowed on all subways/commuter rail except the green line on the weekend)

I've been working on the schedule this week, and will publish it as soon as I get Tim to look at it. (Yes, I know I've procrastinated too long :roll:)

All I can tell you is to get up early if you want to show up for the morning ride; be ready to go to Groton for a mural dedication ceremony/rail trail birthday party around 10-11, and the parade/festival will be in Ayer starting around 12-1.

All right, we finally settled the 2012 schedule, with only minor heated debates.

9:30-11:30: Morning ride (details to come, but it starts in the Ayer parking lot)
11:30-12:15: Lunch (bring some food or reserve pizza: tell us how many slices you want) - We will be hanging around the parking lot during lunch, so come even if you don't go on the ride, expect lots of chatting and socializing
12:15-12:30: Parade
12-30-5: Festival

Please respond with how many slices we should reserve for you, and how many to expect for the morning ride if you are coming.

Its the Nashua River Rail Trail parking lot, where the festival is. There is another parking lot (that doesn't have festival preparations in it) across the street, we should have some signs up on the 9th.

Just been told the morning ride starts at 9, not 9:30. Please show up by 8:45. The ride will be the same 19 mile route as last year.

UGH :( Gotta bring a different bike,for sure.....................Stevil

Stevil...Graylock...we can do it - somehow; it's only a 19-mile ride!? :wink:

Hey, My regular weekend ride is 18-20 miles ,just alittle flatter. :|
Maybe I'll just turn around when it gets hard to pedal. :wink: .......Stevil

There will be no turning around........ town bylaw :p
I have been hard at work to bring something new to this event. I had done so every event here so I won't break tradition.

Sneak peek:::::::::::::
UTEFolder-01.jpg

Whoa:::::::::
UTEFolder-02.jpg

It folds! 8)
Graylock

I am so there! Will it be obvious where to go for the ride once we get into town? Is there an address for the parking lot? So I can get a map?

I don't know about 19 miles but it won't kill me I guess.

jackdaw said:
I am so there! Will it be obvious where to go for the ride once we get into town? Is there an address for the parking lot? So I can get a map?

I don't know about 19 miles but it won't kill me I guess.
The parking lot is just off the corner of Park St. and Groton St. in Ayer, MA; if you use the “intersection” feature on your GPS, it’ll lead you right there, you’ll see the trail and part of the parking lot from the corner.

Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Here's a link to a Google Map outlining the festival locations related to the ride. http://goo.gl/maps/GGPPF This doesn't include all the festival locations, but it should be enough to get to the main parking lot, or to the backup parking lot, and then pedestrian directions to the festival.

Back