3rd Human Powered Vehicle Festival- September 2012 [Ayer MA]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPVFest-2012-01.jpg

3 locked and loaded. Ready for the big trip over the bridge to the mainland. Looking forward to the bike ride on Sunday.

GL

Is that an ironing board in there? Maybe there will be a vendor of these things known as "Bike Racks" :D
Are you sneaking those past customs or something?
No really ,it'll be terriffic to see you and the rest of the crew that shows up.Early to bed...Stevil
Zygotelittle I see you lurking there.Don't wait ,post something!

Busted....... aaarrrrrggggg.....!!! You were born at night Stevil but not last night, can't slip that one by you. The seat does look like an ironing board a little.... well a lot but in todays economy you sometimes gotta have two jobs. Getting ready to scoot out the door. See you all there!

Pete

OK...I'll post something, Stevil - I'm on my way!!! See you guys in a little bit :)

Great day, wonderful weather, fun people, and a really good time. I'll toss some pics up soon.

Thank you to the promoter for this cool event. We had fun. Attendance looked to be down from last year. That's too bad. We'll be back next year.

I'll post my camera pictures tomorrow. Here's a phone picture for starters. My buddy Bob trying out this sweet trike. Great design, excellent build quality.

3ememupe.jpg

AyerMass2012006.jpg

Morning meeting before the 18-mile ride in the New England countryside:
AyerMass2012003.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet ride – she rides as though you’re on a cloud! (Excellent metal work too!)
AyerMass2012010.jpg

Hay – what’s up – from TALL BIKE to short bike, Stevil? :wink:
AyerMass2012008.jpg

The start of one “Off-the-hook” musical instrument, specifically, a bass in the guise of a bicycle! What we are looking at is the bridge, strings, pickups and volume/tone controllers.
AyerMass2012016.jpg

String tuning thingies
AyerMass2012020.jpg

The creator and his masterpiece
AyerMass2012024.jpg

Two of the coolest dudes I know (Graylock and Stevil) having a blast on a Rat Bike! (That is why we build them!)
AyerMass2012022.jpg

AyerMass2012023.jpg

Looks like I missed a great time. I had a commitment that I could not break.

ZygoteLittle. This bike is from a build off a few years back, Space Bike build Off. The bikes name is Stratoblaster, and the creator, member here, is "fsjaak". His build threads (text) are like science fiction novels.....Always GREAT reading and wickedly entertaining.
AyerMass2012024.jpg

Graylock and Stevil, seperated at birth?........Obviously NOT!

Thanks for the heads-up, KOTA; the detail/build quality on that bicycle is outstanding. It would be cool to hear what it sounds like when plugged into an amplifier – probably sounds unworldly.

You were missed, buddy.

Great time, custom bikes ,trikes,4 wheelers,and 5speedjaak ! And you can chat with the builders
and ride the creation.Special opportunity to try that thing. Who's hurting today ? :)

http://fivespeedjaak.blogspot.com/ Good stuff to ponder right here.

Stevil said:
Great time, custom bikes ,trikes,4 wheelers,and 5speedjack ! And you can chat with the builders
and ride the creation.Special opportunity to try that thing. Who's hurting today ? :)
I thought I had escaped the pain, but I was a little sore heading to school today...

HPVF said:
Stevil said:
Great time, custom bikes ,trikes,4 wheelers,and 5speedjack ! And you can chat with the builders
I thought I had escaped the pain, but I was a little sore heading to school today...
My superior physique and conditioning have me feeling great this morning – the crutches are just a fashion statement.

Here's some pictures of my lovely wife enjoying the Skid Out Big Wheel, Graylock's recumbent and the ski trike thingy.

She told me that I'll be building one of these very soon.
AmyonBigWheel.jpg

We both enjoyed riding this. A chain is endless but sometimes it has two edges and only one surface!
AmyonGraylocksbent.jpg

And these things were fun but I couldn't get the hang of it, she didn't have any problem.
Amyonwierdskitrikething.jpg

Thanks so much to those who worked to put this event on, I look forward to next year.

everybody liked this thing:

7972405900_6930298f11_b.jpg

7972392244_35cc2373df_b.jpg

and this thing:

7972381714_005bd6e907_b.jpg

this thing didn't like me:

7972358904_3e4b0d91b9_b.jpg

and this thing tried to kill me:

7972372056_ff4952c756_b.jpg

there's a great atmosphere of sharing at this festival:

7972349814_59bc61b44a_b.jpg

and riding the trail is great fun:

7972296486_f47cfaf54c_b.jpg

next year we decided to leave the rat bikes at home, bring our road bikes, see the festival for a bit, then take off for Nashua, NH on the rail path, eat there, and return. Can't wait.

Nice, love all the pictures. Picking through all the pictures we got is on my to-do list for today, I should get them up soon.

Back