Back in Black is back - 7/28 DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Back in Black is back - 12/7

Heres a current picture:

Photo0542.jpg

Re: Back in Black is back - 2/20

TommyTwoTime said:
Awhhh I think I liked it better in black. Sorry just the way I feel. Or are you gonna paint it? I think the skirt guard is kinda distracting on a boys bike.

Yeah I'm going to paint everything once it gets warm enough. I think that will tie everything in better

TommyTwoTime said:
Glad to here your gonna paint it. I just really loved the look of it in its last stage. I too would have a hard time riding my other bikes if I had that bike.

So did I, minus the rack. If I can't figure out the chainguard issues I may put the skirts on my western flyer with the correct guard.

And the never ending project continues.

Swapped the fenders yet again, removed the skirt guards and will save those for my western flyer.

Also mounted my dual ringer bell

Now I just need some warm weather to hit it with some black and hopefully call it done for good

Photo0626.jpg

Re: Back in Black is back - 4/3

Thats looking really nice Ben hope you bring it to Chi-town next ride.
Gary

Uhhh, I like her just the way she is right now, cool color combo!
This way she stands now will really catch the eye and make her pop out. I would definitely have this one in my collection.

XC204 said:
Thats looking really nice Ben hope you bring it to Chi-town next ride.
Gary

Thanks Gary I'm gonna try and make it

Gdcast said:
Uhhh, I like her just the way she is right now, cool color combo!
This way she stands now will really catch the eye and make her pop out. I would definitely have this one in my collection.

I was thinking the same thing but I wasn't sure if it was girly looking. 8)

Spent most of the day messing around with the fenders.

Before:

Photo0637.jpg

Photo0636.jpg

Photo0635.jpg

During/After:

Photo0639.jpg

Photo0640.jpg

Photo0642.jpg

Photo0643.jpg

Photo0644.jpg

Photo0645.jpg

Photo0646.jpg

Photo0648.jpg

I didn't like how the braces didn't match front to rear. Also didn't like the angle they were on. I elongated the bottom mount on the fender so I could pull the fender back more. Drilled a new hole for the upper cross brace and rack. Then I chose to mount the braces to the frame (kept the braces straighter and its easier to take wheel off that way) Cut the braces shorter and drilled new holes. The fender ended up getting pulled down about 1/2" to 3/4". The fender was also pounded flat where it should be indented around the chainguard. I had pounded it back out really nice. Since I moved the fender and had to redo this anyways, I made it flush with the top of the chainguard to keep it clean looking. I never liked that little indent showing anyways. Must have mounted and removed the fender 20 times. Its the little details that make a bike in my opinion. Granted its something that most people would never notice.

I'll get nice outdoor pics to show the difference when I can

ratina said:
Its the little details that make a bike in my opinion.

So true!....and this bike is full of details!

looking forward to see the "done pics"

BTW I like it all black or with the blue :wink: 8)

Skip

Back