Bicycle Show and Swap Meet!! Howes Cave NY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bicycle Show and Swap Meet. Sunday July 21st 2013 in Howe Caverns NY. At the pavilion of Howe’s Caves. From 9 to 3. Vender space is 10 Dollars bring all you want. Venders may set up Starting at 8AM. You can enter as many bicycles in the show as you would like. Show is open to ANY !!! Year, make, model or size bicycle!!! Awards will be to the top 3 by people’s choice. Visit http://www.howecaverns.com for Directions, lodging, Dining and other things the Caverns has to offer. For more Info on the show or the swap. Call 518-231-0614.Thanks. Hope to see all you Bicycle nuts there!!!

I just saw this on the local craigslist. I had posted about it myself till I saw you beat me to it... Does anyone know if this is a new event or has been ongoing? It's about a 3 hour drive for me, but that makes it half the distance of any other I know of. Unfortunately, it appears that the website listed above is non functional...

Its StevieZ59 event and I believe that this will be the first one. I'll be there and judging by the buzz and the location there looks to be a great turnout!

Yes this is a first year event. Doing what I can to keep the Hobbie of Bicycling Growing. The Caverns really liked the Idear. I have been posting it in as many spots as I can on craigslist and other sites.

This event is the same weekend as the Syracuse nationals hot rod show. That might pose a conflict for some, at least maybe in rat rod community. But that show runs for several days and is winding down on Sunday. I, for one, will figure out a way to do both. I plan to come to Howe caverns with stuff to sell. Probably with one or two others as well. I'm glad there's finally something that's reasonably close...

For me coming from Rochester, if I go to the Hot Rod Nationals the day before, that puts me an hour closer. I'll just find someplace to stay or camp overnight in between. One of the posts above mentions the "buzz" for this event. Where is the buzz being generated, because I hadn't heard of it till now. Obviously, people are talking about it somewhere that I haven't found...

There is some talk about it over on the Cabe and I know a few of the guys local to me are interested. This will be the first bike event that my wife will be attending with me and we actually plan to make a weekend out of it and hit Cooperstown and a brewery or 2 up that way.

Well, there's certainly plenty to do in that region. The event is far enough out that I think I can safely put it on my calendar and let other things fill in around it. You can't do that when the organizers wait to advertise at the last moment, so its nice to have that kind of advance notice.

I wanted to get the word out as soon as I can. I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to be there. I will have flyers at the Dudley show as this time I am coming to shop and not sell. LOL

I planning on attending this one with a load to sell, I still have way too much stuff that i am not using.

expjawa said:
StevieZ59 said:
I wanted to get the word out as soon as I can. I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to be there.
LOL

Well, I appreciate it. Now the trick is to keep people from forgetting!
An occasional gratuitous BUMP will work.

I might be going to this to spend some time with fellow NE/NY RR's :) it's only a three-hour drive 8)

IDK lol us bicycle people are pretty Smart. I am just going to keep bumping posts and keep advertizing and hope for the best. If this goes good maybe I will try to plan a group ride????

hey i own one of the coolest muscle bike shops around. im in liverpool,ny right near syracuse and about 5 miles from the syracuse nationals. for you guys coming from the west stop in to see my shop .evrything is for sale and i have some very rare muscle bikes.i would be willing to be open at night if anyone wants to stop by. i could even have a show! i have a ton of room on the grounds and its wasy to get to. if nyone is interested let me know and i will get it organized. pete 315 436 9192 call me
bowden2_zpsf64d2a2f.jpg

bowden1_zpsd7663769.jpg

3BIKES.jpg

SCASE1.jpg

I recall seeing some of those photos on craigslist, pete. Maybe there's something to be arranged here, in terms of cross promotion.

Steve, speaking of promotion, when the time is appropriate, if you want to get some of your event flyers out to me, I can see about having them put up in bike shops around here. Granted, I'm three hours away from where the event will be held, but as I said, with nothing closer it might still draw interest here.

Steve get some flyers to me as well when you have them and I'll get them posted all over Rhode Island and nearby Mass. I'll be at Dudley if you have them by then.

Back