Bicycle Show and Swap Meet!! Howes Cave NY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might make the drive up there. Howe Caverns, or "Howie's Cave" as my wife affectionately calls it, was one of our first dates. It's a really cool place (no pun intended).

I am really not to sure what to expect? I know when I go to Bike Mikes in Dudley Mass I would say he has about 20 to 25 vendors and 12 or so show bikes. Copake usally sees I would say 35 to 40 vendors depending on the weather? So I just hope its a nice day. Also all 119 people I have talked to so far show up LOL

It's not local but close enough that I should be able to make this one. It sounds like a blast.

I organized a bike race/rodeo many years ago, the grand finale was a side by side out and back drag race with a twist. At the last minute I brought out a pair of kids bikes with 12" wheels for the race. It was a lot of silly fun for everyone. Even though we had a long race prior, I had saved the best prizes for the drags.

Hope to see you at the event, we're trying to figure out a mini family vacation for a long weekend in that area, might try to coax some friends from Syracuse down as well.

I am putting this date down with a sharpie!. Glad to see an event that is not a major drive from Long Island NY. I wanted to go to Copake this year but the swap meet is on a Friday. There has been a club starting up on Long Island called Long Island Bananas, you can see them on facebook. I have never been to a swap meet since starting the hobby, just a few lucky Craigslist finds so I will be excited to attend. thanks

Back