Bike Stuff for Christmas, what'd you get?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If this thread has already been started, point me to it and I'll hang my head and slump away... :oops:

Tonight... errr... last night (it's late/early) we did Christmas with my wife's parents. They always get me good gifts but I rarely know what to expect. My 4 year old wrestled a heavy gift over to me because he read my name on it, I was only interested in watching my 3 kids and the other 4 grandkids open gifts, so I didn't half give my gift any thought till an invited friend beside me said of the shape "looks like a toolbox"... could it be?

When I got around to opening it up I got a Park Tools AK-37 loaded toolbox! Yay! I had put it on my Amazon wishlist, more for myself expecting to one day save up some money and buy it, evidently the in-laws are watching my wishlist. I'm really excited about this, I have over the past couple years bought a few park tools, but if I had kept buying them piece at a time I would've had this whole box of tools for 4 times the price!

Check in as you get gifts given to you!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I asked my mom for some 2-Hip San Quentin bars
She told me she bought them, and we received a package from "Joe Mamma" At 2-hip
bars_sanquentin_500.jpg

Hey yoot,Can I borrow your tools?

I want a Park tool set too!

I may have to buy one myself with Christmas Cash.

MagicRat said:
Hey yoot,Can I borrow your tools?

I want a Park tool set too!

I may have to buy one myself with Christmas Cash.

You could, but eventually the back and forth shipping would kill us. haha

I was very impressed with the value of the AK-37, to buy all the stuff in it would be ridiculous compared to buying them in the toolbox.

Im just messin' wit ya.

I know better than to ask somebody to borrow thier tools.

Yes I AM jealous of what you got!

I Hope Yous All Get What You Asked For!

i picked up a new model manta ray for myself around the beginning of the month. that's as close as i'm gonna get to a bike gift.

A buddy of mine owns a petroleum business that installs those huge tanks that hold all the gas for gas stations. He was doing a job the other day and discovered the Air Station (the thing that you put a quarter in and put air in your car tires). They were throwing it away. He grabbed it for me, cleaned it up, added a new hose and fittings, put a bow on it and dropped it off yesterday! It's awesome! Yeah, I already have an air compressor but this thing is getting installed on my driveway so anyone can come get free air anytime. Pics to come soon!

Pudge said:
A buddy of mine owns a petroleum business that installs those huge tanks that hold all the gas for gas stations. He was doing a job the other day and discovered the Air Station (the thing that you put a quarter in and put air in your car tires). They were throwing it away. He grabbed it for me, cleaned it up, added a new hose and fittings, put a bow on it and dropped it off yesterday! It's awesome! Yeah, I already have an air compressor but this thing is getting installed on my driveway so anyone can come get free air anytime. Pics to come soon!
Might leave the coin mech in it and only charge a quarter. everywhere here charges $0.75 A little extra bike money in your pocket. :mrgreen:

The UPS Store gave me this 1949 Schwinn Phantom for screwing up the packaging and shippment. Couple more little items and it is finished.

moto_0296.jpg

Fahrrad said:

I saw your thread, but you bought those for yourself! haha

Pudge said:

This is awesome, I'd totally do this, but I really need to draw less attention to my property, and the gas station 1 block away has free air.

I restored a '68 Schwinn Hollywood for my fiance. And I bought a few projects for myself earlier in the month.

Back