Bike Stuff for Christmas, what'd you get?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fatkid said:
Tater said:
LOL I got a property tax bill. The NOLA tax assessors office has this Christmas tradition of having the tax bills hit mailboxes the day before or after Christmas. -classy :roll:

I can beat that. We got robbed on Christmas Eve. They broke in and stole a laptop and some guns. Came home that night from a family thing and found the back window smashed. They think it was someone we know because the dog (60 lb. Pitbull mix) didn't shred em when they came in. They didn't steal any Christmas presents, so we still got to enjoy that. Luckily, we are all safe and have insurance. They didn't even touch the bikes in the storage room either, *WHEW*, lol.

I have said many times I'd kill for an Elgin Bluebird.....I'd probably do it cheaper...lol

I think they kicked my dog really hard in the ribs and he got scared and backed off. You have to be nuts to risk that with a dog his size. Hopefully insurance will write me a check and I can buy more bike stuff. 8)

He's a little jumpy, but no apparent long-term damage done. He's just been getting spoiled since then, so I am sure he will be fine.

My opinion

There is nobody LOWER in this world than an animal abuser or a child molester.

I will hold that scumbag down by the throat and let the pup chomp on him.

I got......

GT 20" 2012 Power Series XL
Paint Job for my Stingray frame, fork and guard
Park tools

Looks like I will be at the track by day and in the garage by night until school starts back 8)

fatkid said:
I think they kicked my dog really hard in the ribs and he got scared and backed off. You have to be nuts to risk that with a dog his size. Hopefully insurance will write me a check and I can buy more bike stuff. 8)

That is nuts. Person either has big stones or small brains. (Probably the latter :roll: ) Hope all goes well for you.

He's not gonna have NO stones aftter pup dog gets his revenge.

He'll have to pee sitting down for the rest of worthless life.

If chomper didnt go for the jugular first.

OK, enough doom and gloom, back on track, I finally gathered all my new bike belongings for a few photos.

Here's all my new swag, bike rack from daughter, Park Tools AK-37 and more riding knickers from my wife's parents and the rest from my wonderful wife: small multi-tool with chain break, bicycle wheel clock, bicycle/helmet tie, and yes... bicycle shoes!
IMG_4978.jpg

Here's the wheel clock, looks like a 20" wheel, but there is no valve stem hole and you don't see too many 24 spoke wheels, but the spokes are legit and I guess I could true it. The gear in the middle turns as the second hand. Lower in the photo is the AK-37 and the small multi-tool for trail rides.
IMG_4980.jpg

Here is the tie, actually as a pastor I don't wear a lot of ties, but I'll find a time to wear this one. Behind it are the riding pants, I have a pair just like these, though my others are smaller I might have to trade these in if I can figure out how.
IMG_4981.jpg

Finally, the bicycle shoes! These are not Converse (which is what I wear 98% of the time) they are Pro Keds, but they are cut just like all my Chucks, but these are seriously awesome.
IMG_4979.jpg

I just got in from ATX and Christmas with my side of the family. Not a Christmas gift, but my brother have me his Diamond Back he got when he started to college in San Marcus. He got it new and quickly decided that a single speed didn't fit the hills of campus well. It had very little use before it ended up in my mom's garage.

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0658.jpg

I also spent some time going through the old pictures at my grandparent's hoping to find another cool bike pic and I got lucky. Everyone thought it was my grandfather's brother and sister in the pic, but I have my doubts. If that is who is in the picture then it would date the picture from the mid 30s to the early 40s but the sprocket looks like a 1/2" pitch Phantom sprocket AND the date on the back of the pic was 1953. I will scan the pic tomorrow for better resolution than the pic of the pic.

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0660.jpg

Pudge said:
A buddy of mine owns a petroleum business that installs those huge tanks that hold all the gas for gas stations. He was doing a job the other day and discovered the Air Station (the thing that you put a quarter in and put air in your car tires). They were throwing it away. He grabbed it for me, cleaned it up, added a new hose and fittings, put a bow on it and dropped it off yesterday! It's awesome! Yeah, I already have an air compressor but this thing is getting installed on my driveway so anyone can come get free air anytime. Pics to come soon!
I finally got it hard wired correctly and installed between my two garage doors on my driveway! This thing is pretty cool!

AirTower001.jpg

AirTower006.jpg

Back