BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pick said:
kingfish254 : Last year's build off bikes bring back some great memories! There were many, many awesome bikes! It is inspirational, so I guess I better get it in gear! RRBO6 was a blast! Tons of awesome builds this year also! Just gets better every year. 8)

It's fun looking back at those bikes. I think there were just as many unfinished bikes as finished, so there also some wicked stuff that wasn't completed on time. Wicked skillz and builds going on in BO7 too!!! Get back to it, we need some MO PO CO RATO!!!!!

Speaking of AWESOME builds that didn't finish in time. I have to show this "unfinished" photo of Circa Cycles TRI-POLAR. I think Jake and I talked about 1 beer long about this masterfully done build in Philly. We were heartbroken that it didn't finish. Still one of my faves!!!!!

6020142715_86c6213746.jpg

7 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

0da3159a.jpg

003-14.jpg

P7180416.jpg

8.jpg

062.jpg

charliechaindrive said:
(off to the archives! )

You should, there is a TON!!!!!!!! of incredible stuff out there!!
People say it keeps getting better. I am still a newbie, so I can't really judge if one BO is "better" than another. All I know is that over and over the Build Offs and RRB in general has consistantly been a Smithsonian Institute of amazing builds!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of these bikes look like they belong in the smithsonian.... Are the builders descendants of michelangelo??? (I've been electrocuted so many times, my friends nicknamed me "tesla", so they think I'm related to nikola tesla himself. I was temped to do an electricity themed buildoff bike, but salt flats won out)

8 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

rodbaron7.jpg

Dsc_0034.jpg

JULY29017.jpg

IMG_0463_edit.jpg

2889fa06.jpg

Posting these pics are great. It takes me back to last year when I was a newbie! Yeah alot of those bikes I dug and you just showed one that I was like hey how'd that piece of crap get more votes than me!! Hey I was a newbie! I'll say it this year too and someone will say it about Joan also. But hey all builds have something you can comment on. That's what it's all about. Yeah
B and I talked about a certain bike that didn't finish last year :wink: And now he's kickin' my butt!! I better...GTB!! Peace

Peatbog: I'm with ya 100% on your last post! I think your machining capabilities are awesome, I'd love to have access to some of that stuff. Your build is one of my favs so far!

I thought I should share this toast that I made on one of the other build threads.

"Cheers to all of my Build Brothas who share a kid-like heart but a man's thirst!!!!"

Tonight it is Port Brewing Older Viscosity Time for me - "Not your Dad's 30 Weight" - 12%

WP_002035.jpg

You've just inspired me! I'm going to the deli for a brew!! Oh yeah I went to NBW tonight and nobody could open the basement. Only one guy showed up to work.I got some lights,a chain and a 26x1.95 Fat Kenda blackwall tire all for 20 bucks.i'll start the new build Tuesday. New builds name is Vintage Evil. I am posting my last mock tonight! Muahahahahaha!!

Peatbog said:
Good grief, Jake. Another bike? You could sign up using a gaggle of false names and have about 10 bikes in the build off. :mrgreen:

Vintage Evil is a cool name.
Someone on the BO has a bike just like it. So i'm gonna put on a tank made out of a boogie board. I'm going for a board tracker/Jake build. Black tires, orange paint and maybe that big pipe that Retro Ratto had. Hmmm...

Sounds cool Jake!
You are the buildmaster. You poppem out just like a rabbit in heat!!!! :p
I think there is a cool hot rod sticker on ebay that says Vintage Evil.
Wait, wasn't that on DubNick's bike last year?

9 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

bike1.jpg

020-1-1.jpg

2011RRBBuildoff003.jpg

DSC_0075JPG2.jpg

5996588005_c412ccf72c_b.jpg

There have really been a lot of new builds started in the last week.
I love it!!!!!
You gotta keep your eye on ALL of the builds or all of sudden it's
OOPS UP SIDE YA HEAD
I SAID OOPS UP SIDE YA HEAD!!!

I think you should have kept the Taxi theme and changed the build name to Latka, or You Talkin To Me!!!

kingfish254 said:
Sounds cool Jake!
You are the buildmaster. You poppem out just like a rabbit in heat!!!! :p
I think there is a cool hot rod sticker on ebay that says Vintage Evil.
Wait, wasn't that on DubNick's bike last year?
I've got one of those stickers. It's about 4 different ones. Mine is orange and black.

yoothgeye said:
Peatbog said:
Yeah, but then I would have needed a sidecar and that seems to be troublesome :mrgreen:

:x

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock:

Back