Construction of springer fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Construction of the springer fork

Started working on the triple trees :wink:
gallery_4583_1429_14309.jpg

gallery_4583_1429_61584.jpg

gallery_4583_1429_10427.jpg

gallery_4583_1429_63977.jpg

:mrgreen:

looks good, man every time you update the post i just see the $$$$ go up..

i was wanting a springer for my stingray 20in bike and run a 16in wheel in the front, with abit of a rake and disc brakes..
but the fork looks almost too beafy :lol:

These forks as it was written at the beginning designed for extra-wide tires, 4 inches wide, it is natural that they should be beefy, otherwise it looks wrong....
ordinary cheap springer does not accept wide tires, and my specially built for this, it is one of the most important of their qualities, I see you did not read the initial topic :lol: :lol:

ilia-45 said:
These forks as it was written at the beginning designed for extra-wide tires, 4 inches wide, it is natural that they should be beefy, otherwise it looks wrong....
ordinary cheap springer does not accept wide tires, and my specially built for this, it is one of the most important of their qualities, I see you did not read the initial topic :lol: :lol:

well shoot.. i was starting to consider using a standard springer on my stingray anyways, but with a twist!..
i just had an idea to pick up some steel flat bar 'for use as struts on the classic springer, but drill holes out in the side, making it more of a Girder fork. :D
the structual support comes into mind. im a real light guy and i dont think there will be any issues so i may go through with it, ill let you all know later in a build :p

but on another note, now knowing that they are for 4in wheels, it brings me to another old build idea and now i get real excited :roll:
the ole, occ stingray 4x4?! :idea: :shock: now its something i been meaning to do custom and this fork would look great on it, that and other things i had planned for it..
im looking up to the compleation of your work mate..
just when you come out with that $$$$tag is the real question of how broke for how long will i be :lol:

ilia-45 said:
iven

I am glad that you have the idea where to apply it, and for a price that it was discussed in another topic, and everything is clearly written :wink:
You just fear to remember :lol: :lol:
1k$
:wink:
man.. i wish i could afford that :mrgreen:
maybe when i get a job this year ill be crazy enough to drop 1G on a fork :p
if i had money i certinally would.. get one of your forks :D
i cant wait to see what the first guy that picks up one of these awesome forks does with it man 8)

Those should be hanging in a museum!

Back