Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
253691_13357528_lz.jpg

I ordered the tubes and rimstrips I need for my build today, could not find 2.4" suitable tubes here locally for a reasonable price, already have the wheels and tires, tried pumping them up with normal 2" width tubes and they only lasted a minute... Will post up pics when they are here...

Luke.

13927769216_77c6aaff4b_z.jpg

Fat 2.4" Odyssey Chase Hawk Signature whitewalls... :thumbsup:
Also the most I have ever spent on bike tires, but they were actually cheaper than I thought they would be...

Luke.

Where'd ya get those?
What size are they Luke?
I actually ended up getting them from a local bike shop, not even the one I go to most, one of the more expensive/high end ones. I saw them for $45-50 each on eBay and online, went in there and they had them on the wall for $70 a pair!
SCORE! :banana:

The reason you may not have seen them before is that they are 20" BMX tires. Size is 20x2.4". Best thing about them though? 100psi rated! Should roll nice for such a fat tire, also good for supporting my excess weight...

I guess now you know they are 20" my secret is out, another Minivelo in the works! I am addicted to these crazy things! :grin:

Luke.

I actually ended up getting them from a local bike shop, not even the one I go to most, one of the more expensive/high end ones. I saw them for $45-50 each on eBay and online, went in there and they had them on the wall for $70 a pair!
SCORE! :banana:

The reason you may not have seen them before is that they are 20" BMX tires. Size is 20x2.4". Best thing about them though? 100psi rated! Should roll nice for such a fat tire, also good for supporting my excess weight...

I guess now you know they are 20" my secret is out, another Minivelo in the works! I am addicted to these crazy things! :grin:

Luke.
I'm thinking Luke is inspired by this one...

velo_zpsd356aac1.jpg

I'm thinking Luke is inspired by this one...

velo_zpsd356aac1.jpg
Throw in a bit of this and you are getting pretty close:

9814383424_3f50245341.jpg

Here is an early mock up:

13866201665_1ed1e95d51_z.jpg

Things have changed a bit since this one though, got to keep some secrets... ;)

Luke.

I might build something like this in order to have a place to sit and think about what to build.
Velorution%20-%20Toilet%20Tricycle.jpg

Back