Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I need to finalize an idea that does not involve bailing wire and duct tape as the primary fasteners :113:

Troy

Just in case some people missed this thread (http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/build-off-9-rules-experiment.82685/ )

Rat Rod
Thinking seriously about laying down some basic guidelines like...

1. Cannot have started build before May 1st.
2. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
3. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title." Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
4. Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
5. Bike must be rideable

So basically it would just be a big wide open anything goes competition and we'd vote as usual for the top three bikes. We saw from last year that while the division between traditional and anything goes was helpful, in the end, the traditional builds still dominated the competition.
n34b.png

img115.jpg

kinda like the idea of being able to do some basic add ons like rack mounts etc.

I guess we could have called this one BOIX instead of BONINE

"#5. Bike must be rideable"

Rideable by builder or anybody?
Rideable by somebody at least, take BigJim for example, I am 6'4" and 220lbs, admittedly @bean who is shorter than me managed to ride it but I am not sure how comfortable or practical he found it, whereas it was just about right for me. My wife could not ride it, I doubt my Mum could ride it, if fact probably 60-70% of people could not comfortably ride it, but because I could ride it, it fit the requirements... If you built a kids bike, you probably could not ride it, but maybe your kids or grandkids can = still eligible!

NOTE: Only problem with this rule is if you were building a tandem bike with something weird about it, say an offset wheel, then it has to meet the requirements of 100% of people must be able to ride it, on the first attempt, with complete confidence and comfort.

:crazy: That is a joke for @GuitarlCarl or Merle as he is commonly known...

Luke.

That made me think of something else.....

If the builder has a physical handicap or limitation, and chooses to build a bike that's not for them, then the bike would need to be rideable for the person intended or someone else, right?

OR.....if the builder is building the bike for someone else in general, then it needs to be rideable, period.

Do these sound correct and or reasonable admin? We don't know everything about everyone here, so would these thoughts be acceptable?

I was gonna post something about NO bike is 100 % rideable, as there are some who just can't ride bikes... but then I thought, Well, I've crashed a few times myself...

Carl.
^^^ only posts as Merle :crazy: when he's goofin' off....

OK, dibbs on "BOIX (Bike Brand)", my new build off name.

Back