Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

IMG_2415_zps0f15924f.jpg

Not really. Seeing Chips cool 8 ball eyeball reminded me of my flying 8 ball and couldn't resist.

Oh, there's no past dwelling for me. :dontmentionit:
I just learned that a good theme song never equals endless chatter and excessive pictures.;)
My plans this year are to shove my build in the face of every possible voter. I'm not really going to put much effort into the actual build. Instead I'm just gonna hot glue and paper mache some stuff together and hope for the best. I may splurge on sparkly paint in the end though, so that I finish with a bang in the last moments of the deadline.
But, just like the latest bad hit song that you hate when you first hear it but then have to download as a favorite because it is played so often you forget it is bad, I am going to make you love my build by simply making it so commonplace that everyone thinks its the new standard of greatness.
I have been working on a secret program that will automatically, but randomly, attach pictures of my entry to every new thread that will be posted on this site starting May 1st. I plan to also inbed really great and catchy catch phrases that subliminally make people think "Vote For CeeBee, Vote For CeeBee, Vote For CeeBee."
I have consulted a sociologist about my strategy, and was told I have wasted my efforts in the past by trying to actually build a "RatRodBike" and that what people really want to see is a whole lot of nothing. I was told that nothing can replace nothing, and repetitive fluff is the way to go when it comes to pleasing the masses. Nothing can replace repetitive fluff when it comes to pleasing the masses. The masses just love repetitive fluff.
So, I have decided to just say not much more often, but in an eloquent way. I'm going to also say less in a more frequent way. Along with this I plan to post a lot without actually having anything to say, and then start over with what I'm trying to say.
As far as my build goes, it will be super great with lots of great detail, but done in a way that appears to flow natural from the earth.
I'm also going to use only recyclable earth friendly materials if there isn't a carcinogen available. Everything will be from a sustainable source until the source is depleted. My color palette is going to be pleasing to the eye of everyone who likes the colors I choose as well. Also, I plan to build the bike for comfort and be ergonomic from the standpoint of it will be thought about and designed while sitting in a very comfortable leather recliner. Of course the leather is from a cow that died of natural causes. (Naturally it was killed for food and leather.)

So, since everyone else has chosen to show their cards, I will to.
Basically here's my strategy:
Convince voters that little effort and/or taste is good. (Vote for CeeBee)
Redundancy of virtues can't take the place of restating the virtues of redundancy. (Vote for CeeBee)
Less relevance is a good thing, more of nothing is also good. (Vote for CeeBee)
Talk is cheap, so do it a lot even if there's nothing to say. (Vote for CeeBee)
Please everyone by making them assume not so good is pretty good. (Vote for CeeBee)
Lower the expectations of others to the point that minimal successes seem praise worthy. (Vote for CeeBee)
Say a lot, then say a lot more' then take a picture of it. (Vote for CeeBee)
Keep it green, even if you paint it blue. (Vote for CeeBee)
Stay comfortable so that a cow didn't die in vain. (Vote for CeeBee)

Game on....:cool2:

....my brain hurts......

Oh, there's no past dwelling for me. :dontmentionit:
I just learned that a good theme song never equals endless chatter and excessive pictures.;)
My plans this year are to shove my build in the face of every possible voter. I'm not really going to put much effort into the actual build. Instead I'm just gonna hot glue and paper mache some stuff together and hope for the best. I may splurge on sparkly paint in the end though, so that I finish with a bang in the last moments of the deadline.
But, just like the latest bad hit song that you hate when you first hear it but then have to download as a favorite because it is played so often you forget it is bad, I am going to make you love my build by simply making it so commonplace that everyone thinks its the new standard of greatness.
I have been working on a secret program that will automatically, but randomly, attach pictures of my entry to every new thread that will be posted on this site starting May 1st. I plan to also inbed really great and catchy catch phrases that subliminally make people think "Vote For CeeBee, Vote For CeeBee, Vote For CeeBee."
I have consulted a sociologist about my strategy, and was told I have wasted my efforts in the past by trying to actually build a "RatRodBike" and that what people really want to see is a whole lot of nothing. I was told that nothing can replace nothing, and repetitive fluff is the way to go when it comes to pleasing the masses. Nothing can replace repetitive fluff when it comes to pleasing the masses. The masses just love repetitive fluff.
So, I have decided to just say not much more often, but in an eloquent way. I'm going to also say less in a more frequent way. Along with this I plan to post a lot without actually having anything to say, and then start over with what I'm trying to say.
As far as my build goes, it will be super great with lots of great detail, but done in a way that appears to flow natural from the earth.
I'm also going to use only recyclable earth friendly materials if there isn't a carcinogen available. Everything will be from a sustainable source until the source is depleted. My color palette is going to be pleasing to the eye of everyone who likes the colors I choose as well. Also, I plan to build the bike for comfort and be ergonomic from the standpoint of it will be thought about and designed while sitting in a very comfortable leather recliner. Of course the leather is from a cow that died of natural causes. (Naturally it was killed for food and leather.)

So, since everyone else has chosen to show their cards, I will to.
Basically here's my strategy:
Convince voters that little effort and/or taste is good. (Vote for CeeBee)
Redundancy of virtues can't take the place of restating the virtues of redundancy. (Vote for CeeBee)
Less relevance is a good thing, more of nothing is also good. (Vote for CeeBee)
Talk is cheap, so do it a lot even if there's nothing to say. (Vote for CeeBee)
Please everyone by making them assume not so good is pretty good. (Vote for CeeBee)
Lower the expectations of others to the point that minimal successes seem praise worthy. (Vote for CeeBee)
Say a lot, then say a lot more' then take a picture of it. (Vote for CeeBee)
Keep it green, even if you paint it blue. (Vote for CeeBee)
Stay comfortable so that a cow didn't die in vain. (Vote for CeeBee)

Game on....:cool2:

But, but that's what I was gonna do.....

I was just going to keep it suspenseful by putting a garbage bag over my build until the very end.... how can I compete with "little effort and low expectations" though, it's like you're using my own skillz against me when you put it like that.

You left out hashtags, twitter, instagram, pinterest, facebook, myspace, aol, craigslist, cabe,,,,

Last edited:
Are you sure that you're not from Washington, DC?

Back