Diamond in the Rough- Polished Gem Almost done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to push my appointment with 450redrider until today due to illness on both our parts. But we took my 3' stick of steel and turned it into three laid back posts, a forward facing, rear facing, and a 90°. Thanks, Cody!

I got home and rushed through fixing dinner and eating with the family so I could get down to the bike cave to get the Brooks mounted. All that is left is to get a pair of grips from LowpowerD and find a pair of Torrington No. 10 pedals to call it done. I may have to substitute a different pair of pedals until I find them. The bike is one of four I am taking to the Park City Chill show in a couple Weeks.

I made the mistake of adding up what I have invested in this bike and it is my most expensive build to date, but I think it shows in the quality of the build. Enjoy these fresh pics!

Forward and 90° posts
IMAG0750.jpg

Rear facing post on the bike
IMAG0751.jpg

British sweetness
IMAG0752.jpg

The quality pic
IMAG0753.jpg

IMAG0755.jpg

Check out her huge rack!
IMAG0756.jpg

Looking better all the time!

I know where there is a pair of decent #10's that you could borrow.

I have seen a few sets come up for sale here lately, one was a supposed NOS set still in wrapper for $300, a rough set for $35 or 40 and a decent set for $85.

Ratfink1962 said:
Looking better all the time!

I know where there is a pair of decent #10's that you could borrow.

I have seen a few sets come up for sale here lately, one was a supposed NOS set still in wrapper for $300, a rough set for $35 or 40 and a decent set for $85.

I will take ya up on the loaner set. Marty has a pair set aside for me when he comes down for the swap if I don't find a set before then.

Looks like a trophy winner to me! 8) PS: don't share the build cost with your wife! :mrgreen:

udallcustombikes said:
pick said:
Looks like a trophy winner to me! 8) PS: don't share the build cost with your wife! :mrgreen:

You think I am a dummy???

You ain't foolin nobody, she knows what you are up to! :mrgreen: When my wife says "how much was that?", I say "how much did you say it costs to get your nails done?". I usually get no answer! :lol: Thank God for Paypal! :mrgreen:

I have been spending my time not working on the bike working on a show display board. Sorry for the blurry phone pics. I need to get a few more pics as the bike gets closer to completion. I am making some for a couple of my other bikes as well.

IMAG0757.jpg

IMAG0758.jpg

IMAG0761.jpg

You did a great job. I did not read through the whole tread to see why but I am a little disappointed you did not go with the green and red color scheme from the original illustration.

g-ratter said:
You did a great job. I did not read through the whole tread to see why but I am a little disappointed you did not go with the green and red color scheme from the original illustration.

As with most of my builds the bike dictates which direction it want to go and i just have to follow along.

Back