E-Rat-Icator- On the move again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FUBAR UNDONE

Jeeze... gonna say... I have not even torn mine down yet.... took it for a ride in its still original form last night.... still trying to gather up parts and decide a direction... think i will give this a last min build....

Looks great Cameron :D Your builds always have that "WOW" affect :mrgreen: Keep it coming :wink:

I spent the evening at work training a new crane operator. While he was practicing I had lots of time to brood about this build. The vision has changed. I got home from work and attacked the frame with some 400 grit wet/dry. After about an hour of work (in the living room while the wifey sleeps :wink: ) I drug the frame back to the cellar to repaint. I am super stoked about my new vision.

I will throw some new pics up in the morning. I have two different directions I may take the bike from this point. But I will not share my visions until I make a decision. 8) 8) 8)

blackcruzer said:
Thank You, I'll go check them out on Facebook. I didn't know you were up by Wichita. I'm from Arizona, I don't know Kansas all that well.

I passed through Medicine Lodge for the first time Saturday. My wife's cousin got married in Coldwater. If you need anything, there are quite a few rat rodders in the Wichita area. Check out the Coasters site for upcoming events (if you haven't already).

High gloss black lacquer. The frame, the triple tree forks, perhaps the bars as well. well. I am going to buff it out to a mirror finish. The only color I foresee will be on the rollers- either bright wheels and black tires or black wheels and bright tires. Guess I need to find a wheel set to help me decide.

2011-05-03100459.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
High gloss black lacquer. The frame, the triple tree forks, perhaps the bars as well. well. I am going to buff it out to a mirror finish. The only color I foresee will be on the rollers- either bright wheels and black tires or black wheels and bright tires. Guess I need to find a wheel set to help me decide.

Changing vision after 3 days... We still have 3 MONTHS to go!!! :shock: :wink:
But I like that new vision... VERY MUCH!
Gloss black is beautiful... With just the wheels as accents will make it look very cool, I'm sure.
(Be careful though... Polishing a bike can be tricky. I went through a three coat paintjob in just a few minutes...)

Slow down Bro! I ain't even started yet! Give us all a chance to catch up! :lol: Seriously, it looks great so far! Knowing you, who really knows what color the finished product will be. I personally think the black looks killer! 8)

pick said:
Slow down Bro! I ain't even started yet! Give us all a chance to catch up! :lol: Seriously, it looks great so far! Knowing you, who really knows what color the finished product will be. I personally think the black looks killer! 8)

My other bike projects take priority over this one. I am focusing on getting as far on this one as I can before the parts on the others start rolling in. This one will be coming to a stand still before you know it.

I spent some time before work today wet sanding the frame and fork pieces smooth again. Followed that up with another coat of lacquer before I begin the tedious process of really making this shine. Here are the parts on the paint rack. Sorry about the haze in the air, glad I don't smoke any more!

2011-05-04140911.jpg

2011-05-04140857.jpg

i gotta stop thinkin so much... always think of shtuff when im at work and cant jump on it.... :|

udallcustombikes said:
Another idea strikes while at work. But this I cannot share until I get home to investigate.

Note to self: Rim-ception
Hmmmm?

udallcustombikes said:
Why do I always think up good ideas while I am at work and can't act on them right away? I just remembered a nice pair of stainless steel fenders in the parts bin that didn't sell at the swap meet. Hmmmmm....

Stainless steel fenders??? How did I miss that? :?: 8)

PS: I'm on the verge of doing some catch up this weekend, will update with progress! I'll let you know if I need some stainless fenders LOL! :lol:

Back