E-Rat-Icator- On the move again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FUBAR UNDONE

Paying with blood always seems to give me good results. The frame and forks have the hi-gloss shine I was looking for. The next step will be to find the right set of bars to fit my vision. Ignore the stem in the seat tube, it is just for suspending the frame for now.

2011-05-09192728.jpg

2011-05-09192741.jpg

Same set upright
2011-05-09192829.jpg

2011-05-09192836.jpg

And maybe some inverted road drop bars? If I go with these they will get a 3 1/2" extension.
2011-05-09193235.jpg

2011-05-09193241.jpg

You need just a flat straight bar... or something straight with a little dip in middle... i have a set you can have if you want...

28581_130381560321698_125193600840494_287441_3313363_n.jpg

garagegoon said:
You need just a flat straight bar... or something straight with a little dip in middle... i have a set you can have if you want...

I have several sets. I will try some out tomorrow and see how they feel. What ever bars are chosen will be give the same black lacquer as the rest of the bike.

Re: FUBAR UNDONE-Fame and forks united!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
The paint looks awesome! You're stepping it up with this one!
I thought the Columbia repop bars were going on there?

Cheers,
Dr. T

I am still considering them. The 1" bulge in the center of them is a bit wider than the gap between my risers so I will need to grab another set of risers and modify them to allow the bars to fit. I have 2 more pairs on the shelf so it isn't a big deal, just didn't have time today.

Re: FUBAR UNDONE-Fame and forks united!

Name change time! I haven't been feeling the Fubar name since the frame got painted. Been tossing a few names around for a while and haven't been able to find the right one until tonight. My daughter's class had a field trip to The Kansas Aviation Museum today and got me hunting for some of the cool old names that our bombers wore. Finally found what I was looking for.

42-39970-600x426.jpg

3ad_cu_19.jpg

E-Rat-Icator: Since the goal of this crew, and the Allies in general, was to eradicate Hitler and his Nazi regime, they chose the name and nose art which depicted a showering bomb aimed at Hitler depicted as a rat. This was the only original 452nd Bomb Group plane to never be taken out of service due to enemy action and return home after the War. The original pilot was Jack Mitsch. Plane #42-39970.

I believe a tank plate is in order. I will not be using the Hitler Rat from the original nose art, but I will find another rat to use.

Re: E-Rat-Icator- Another name change on the board

How you gonna make em New-kew-lar green barz werk with this...

Back