grape krate restore

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that this thread should stay as an example.

Peat, here's my papers on that grape:

AGBS1.jpg

I wonder if maybe he was the guy who fell for it on Craigslist and someone else might have fooled him. Either way I'd welcome him back, just fess up and be real. No need to embellish a story to stand out. Just let your work speak for itself. Looking at your other bikes you do great work and shouldn't have to make up anything.

Peatbog said:
Well nuts. I needed his shifter for my '58 Eliminator Krate...
I think kingfish might still have a few pm him and ask.

blackdiamond said:
Rat Rod said:
krazikev no longer exists. :lol:

haha whoa! one post? today whaaaaat? then off? that was fast :lol:
With the exception of spam bots I think that's a new record. :lol: :mrgreen:

You guys should be detectives! :shock: Remind me to tell you about my "one of a kind" Artichoke Krate! The only one in the universe! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Peatbog said:
Speaking of cows, here is a vintage picture of the rare, white, Milk Krate. Interestingly enough, it was the boy's pants in this picture that led Schwinn to develop the Campus Green color. It was originally called "Pants Green" but that sounded stupid, so they used the name Campus after that. "Campus" was a code word used by Schwinn marketing people who thought it up because they were high on another kind of grass when they first tried marketing the color as "Pants Green." It all makes sense when you know the story behind the story, doesn't it?

1970-krate.jpg

Other than the obvious, there is no other photo manipulation going on here.

Yeap, that guy grew up to be a sidekick on a popular kids show from the 50's (I know, timeline issues...) I read it on the internet early one morning after staying up all night playing solitaire, smoking cigarettes, and watching, well, you know the rest.

The guys on the musclebikeforum are almost going along with this Sour Grape Krate.

But the fun continues on bikeforums.
:arrow: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... f1e959e721

I love his qoute

"this guy is photoshopping that picture on all my letters because he told me in a pm that he wanted to buy the bike and got very upset when i told him no. as for the dates schwinn always made bikes in the end of year and titled them for the next year. just like a car company releasesmodels a year before. this guy and the ratrod guys are all teaming up on me after i told them i wont sell the bike to them, i also found out they are kindergarden kids. so dont belive the scams all."

This guy should be in politics :roll:

I especially like that he copy and pasted his post over on the other forum.

Latest posts

Back