grape krate restore

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy really should change his name an take his Bratz bike somewhere else oh wait he did an he got dissed over there also HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I am krazikev. I found out that Dec 14th is treated like April Fools in Lithuania. It's part of a tradition called Farfrumtruthen. :mrgreen:

I can't wait for Krazi Kev (appropriate user name) to go on Antiques Road Show with this bike.

Peatbog said:
Below is the even more rare Schwinn Stingray A/XC Eliminator Krate Drag bike. This is the only one know to exist. I have it. I got it from my son. He got it from me.

Originally, it was one of those rare Grape Krates--as it was originally purple--until it was painted over with yellow by Schwinn in 1968 (they planned ahead on this one) to make the Eliminator bike. So, really, there are only 14 Grape Krates--not 15, as one was made into this bike before it ever left the factory.

a4.jpg

So there are 14 Grape Krates but only this one Yellow Eliminator Krate. I have a rarer bike. Ha Ha! And everything on my bike is original*.

*Excluding the parts that aren't.

I can vouch for him on this one. I was mopping the floor at the factory when I came upon it, but I dropped my cell phone in the mop bucket so I lost all the pictures.

Well that's proof enough I guess. :lol:

I just got back from picking up two more ghost crates one is a 3097 model! And it can fly via a flux capacitor in the seat post. I stole krazykev's time machine and brought it back from the future. The other I found in a cave in 36,000,000BC and had to kill a t-Rex with a rock to get it. Unfortunately the bite marks make it a wall hanger. :lol: :mrgreen:

image-137.jpg

image-138.jpg

Peatbog said:
You got pictures?
Yep I do!
image-137.jpg

image-138.jpg

I lost the pics of the time machine but president Obama is found to be an alien in 2018. Starting an intergalactic civil war. Were iphones take over the world and bicycles are retrofitted with flux capacitors in 3087 but due to acidents i got the 3097 model its safer.

Oh I can't bring them to any shows because the prehistoric one has been bitten in half and the other requires a pilot license that doesn't exist for another 500 years.

And bike2112 won't let me cross his bridge unless I give him the bike.

Peatbog said:
Looks like you have the Ghost Krate with the extremely rare under the seat shifter. I am a bit suspicious of the Prehistoric Krate though because I don't think they had color film back then. Something isn't right here...
I used modern film, I took it with me in the time machine. :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
blackdiamond said:
krazikev said:

The powered schwinn "lazy-Ray" in the background looks familiar tho....hmmm :?:

You're right :?:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7482&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
This is the most epic thread ever. Sorry it beats mad skillzzzz and invisible bike. What I just noticed odd about the paint pic is he didn't remove the cups from the frame. Just taped them off. Cause as we know thats how schwinn did it. Maybe grape krates were like the old muscle cars with factory over spray

I thought that color purple looked familiar.

Krazikev was just a little confused. This isn't a Sour Grape Krate, it's and even more rare Barney Krate!!!

wheelsonthebike.jpg

He posted it on our forum too. I have been waiting to see what is next. Why do people try to pull this kind of stuff anyway? I consider this one of those Red Flags they always talk about on the news! lol :D

Here is his latest post on Muscle Bike America after being confronted about the bike. :D

Yes he scribbled out the picture and reposted the "documentation" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

grape1.jpg

Back