HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HiaWhatThe? -Wheel swap,new cheapo chromies

I wasn't suggesting decorating the sprocket, I was suggesting using the decoration to flip the microswitch to turn the LEDs on and off as you pedal.

Cool corvette. I was eyeballing the cranks on my Varsity when I grabbed the stem off of it yesterday. I like the ridge on them and the sprocket is cool. I may have to drag it back out of the basement now for further investigation.

Ape Stanger said:
Cool corvette. I was eyeballing the cranks on my Varsity when I grabbed the stem off of it yesterday. I like the ridge on them and the sprocket is cool. I may have to drag it back out of the basement now for further investigation.
yeah man,Varsity cranks are way cool.I had a set on the HiaWhatThe but they rode to close to the chainguard and I had to swap them(bummer).
The spread is the same as most cranks at the pedals but can get tight in the sprocket area.

Taking a lil break to paint and get a few things done on my 70 Stingray Midget.
been putting it off for a while.Need to scrounge up a chainguard for it ,a seat would rock too.
midget002.jpg

This build is definately one of my favorites! FIRST CLASS RAT!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Man, for a split second there when I saw the painted frame hanging there, I was like "Oh no, he is painting WhatThe!!!!!".

Re: HiaWhatThe? exhuast LED's in and BURNING!!

Xcruiser said:
I like the new chrome wheels. to me, they add a different reflective surface than the frame and that gets picked up in the bars and other parts. But I'm biased to shiny bikes :lol:

Thanks for sharing your secret grinding weapon and method. I could see how it would work well and the results speaks for itself :D

Re: HiaWhatThe? exhuast LED's in and BURNING!!

MplsCoaster said:
Xcruiser said:
I like the new chrome wheels. to me, they add a different reflective surface than the frame and that gets picked up in the bars and other parts. But I'm biased to shiny bikes :lol:

Thanks for sharing your secret grinding weapon and method. I could see how it would work well and the results speaks for itself :D
This wheel thing has really had me scratching my head.I used to despise high tops because when I was a kid they were considered cheap,easy bendable garbage on a 20 inch bike.But on cruisers they really look sweet and I like them on this bike.
I think Im going to clean and polish the spokes on the old rims and put them back on.Like kingfish I like the way they melt into the lines of the rear tire.

To be honest I think I was getting a little intimidated by some of the super nice wheel sets in the build off and was looking for a way to stay competitive.
Screw it,Im going back to my old junky wheels LOL!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

HiaWhatThe? -Wheel swap,new cheapo chromies

Love this bike...

Thanks!
Havent done much in a week or so but there are some ideas in my head.Ill get some pics up after I get something done.
I did manage to get the old rims cleaned up some and put back on.

ILL BE BACK!!!
thumbnail-8.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-LED exhaust lights test p20

Xcruiser said:

Bumping you back up top because I want to keep my eye on the bar!!!!!

Re: HiaWhatThe? -more coming soon!

Ill get back on it soon.Eva has had some mild memory,vision and seizure issues lately due to her brain tumors but I think we have a grip on it.Also had a few other projects going on.
Im still in this all the way bro! Beware the mighty HiaWhatThe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xcruiser said:
Ill get back on it soon.Eva has had some mild memory,vision and seizure issues lately due to her brain tumors but I think we have a grip on it.Also had a few other projects going on.
Im still in this all the way bro! Beware the mighty HiaWhatThe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all goes well!

Sending prayers up from the "flatlands" as well! Hope all goes well!

Latest posts

Back