HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HiaWhatThe? update-LED exhaust lights test

Road Master said:
I believe you...
Kitten in a bowl more pleasing??
catbowl001.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-LED exhaust lights test

I really laughed at the "kitty face smashed against the side of the cup" look. We've had the same two cats for 11 years and I've seen them both at one time or another do some hilarious stuff so when I saw that pic I knew that was possible. Critters - gotta luv em!

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-LED exhaust lights test p20

That pipe lights are wicked wicked wicked!!!!!!!

HiaWhatThe? update-LED exhaust lights test p20

I cannot believe the amount of good criticism you are getting. I must admit, I am very jealous of your skills and taste. I can't wait to graduate, I really need to get started on my bike!

Craiggo said:
I cannot believe the amount of good criticism you are getting. I must admit, I am very jealous of your skills and taste. I can't wait to graduate, I really need to get started on my bike!
Hats off to you for graduating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Way to go!!!!

Finally got around to bundling and installing the LED exhaust lights,hope everyone likes the look.

First I bundled the lights into 3 at the tip.
Hawathaexlights2001.jpg

next step was to wrap them leaving two in the center for a lil extra light if possible.Used red tape cuz I had some and who knows it might help.
Hawathaexlights2002.jpg

according to the seller losing some bulbs wouldnt kill the whole string,they are correct so I shortened them to fit.
Hawathaexlights2003.jpg

This is the whole assembly ready to be slid into the pipes.
Hawathaexlights2005.jpg

a little bit of wire loom to cover the wiring as good as possible.
Hawathaexlights2006.jpg

wiring and loom installed.
Hawathaexlights2011.jpg

have to find a decent box to hide the battery box.
Hawathaexlights2010.jpg

in the light it kinda looks like jet fire lol
hiawathaexlights2008.jpg

in the dark with some light shining in the windows.
Hawathaexlights2009.jpg

left one LED zip tied under the kickstand bracket to give the chain and sprocket a lil' glow,will probably only be real noticable at dusk or dark.
Hawathaexlights2007.jpg

Re: HiaWhatThe? exhuast LED's in and BURNING!!

Excellent job!!!
Thanks for the details, that really turned out sooooooo cool!!

is there room to stick it to the backside of the chainguard? maybe trim it out with some sheet metal to make it disappear.

Xcruiser said:
Walker said:
is there room to stick it to the backside of the chainguard? maybe trim it out with some sheet metal to make it disappear.
Hmmmm,not a bad idea at all!! Ill look into it.THANKS

As big as that chainguard is, there should be room. I plan on putting the battery for my guard lights in the front of my chainguard.

I can't wait to try this. Man I'm stealing this idea....oh snaps he's reading this...Eh.. Pay no attention to that man behind the keyboard!! :oops:

Alright, here's another of my ideas that someone can gain from. You have lights in your pipes, Kingfish has lights in his chainguard, here's the idea and this one is easier.

Install a master switch to turn the unit on and off, that you probably have anyway, but after that install a microswitch, attach it to the inside of your chainguard in a position where a bolt and nut (possibly acorn nut) bolted into the chainring will hit it as it rotates. You can use one or more bolts to strike the switch on each rotation, but the light would always flash in cadence with your pedaling. You could bolt a longer piece of steel (or whatever) to your "neutral" pedal position so that if you rest your feel while coasting it will stay on there.

If you are not familiar with a microswitch see these:
https://www.google.com/search?q=microsw ... 12&bih=783

Back