J.B. 40

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gdcast said:
Galtbacken said:
I'm assembling the bike, should get it done today! :)

Go insane with the camera!!
I´ve been waiting to see this bike completed for a long time.
Can´t wait to see it done and rolling!!

yeah! what he says...

Everything in it's own time boys, and first some pics of the final assembly. :wink: :lol:

got the cables for the rear light through the frame.
el1.jpg

However, I originally tried to run them from the top tube through the seat tube and in to the seatstay cause I thought there'd be enough clearance even with the seatpost in there. That wasn't the case as it turned out and I had to go for plan b. Not as clean looking, but waaaay more reliable, with no risk of the cables being damaged by the seatpost causing a shortcircuit. I was a little nervous drilling the painted frame I must say...
el2.jpg

Here's how it turned out....plus some greasy fingerprints on the frame.
el3.jpg

Headbadge in place! :D
headbadge15.jpg

Headlight with connections.
el4.jpg

Here's how the LED circuit and the battery are held in place inside the headlight.
el5.jpg

Made cardboard spacers to prevent the plexiglass in the rearlight from rattling. Made one for the headlight too but I didn't take any photo of that. It looks the same, only bigger...nothing exciting. :wink:
pappdistans.jpg

It's raining here, so I'll wait for better weather before I go insane with the camera. Until then I give you this little sneak preview.... :wink:
frdig1.jpg

Mmmmm, purdy! Me happy!:D

I promise I'll take lots of photos and post them in the gallery section as soon as the weather gets a little nicer!

Thank you all for showing interest in this build and for all your input and kind words! I really appreciate it!! :D

Wow that turned out so nice. I don't know what it is but it got some kind of Swedish flavour to it (in a positive way, that is off course)

Thanks guys! :D

herr_rudolf said:
And in focus ofcourse...; - b

Yeah, sorry 'bout that! :lol:
Wave? said:
I don't know what it is but it got some kind of Swedish flavour to it (in a positive way, that is off course)

Cool! :D I guess I don't think about if it's looking swedish, since I am swedish and just do what comes naturally to me. Maybe it's some deeply rooted cultural heritage, who knows? :) At the same time I don't see this bike as my own design really. I've been drawing so much on this build from that old Dot motorcycle from 1923.
Thanks anyway, glad you like it!

And as I promised earlier, there will be lots more pics coming! :D

Well, You have knocked it out of the park, she is a total beauty!!!
Have you already showed her to your brother? I bet he´ll go nuts.

I´m prying to the rain god to stop his work over there, I want to see the details!

Congrats once again man, she turned out looking better than I anticipated. :wink: :D

Thanks! :D

Nope, my brother will pick it up after this weekend. I think he'll drop his jaw! :lol: This bike came out so much better than I could have anticipated!

Here are some photos of it out in the sunshine! Prayers worked, the rain stopped! :D
I'll take more photos when my brother comes to pick it up, and then you'll get some ride pics as well. I rode it to my neighbour today, and it rides soooo nice! :D I'll ask my brother to take photos of it too, he's got a good camera and a good eye!

frdig2.jpg

frdig3.jpg

frdig4.jpg

frdig5.jpg

frdig6.jpg

frdig7.jpg

frdig8.jpg

frdig9.jpg

frdig10.jpg

frdig11.jpg

frdig12.jpg

frdig13.jpg

frdig14.jpg

frdig15.jpg

frdig16.jpg

frdig17.jpg

Thanks again everybody! This place is one of a kind! :D

always building great sculptures. add it to the list. i love the length of this one, its stretched just enough that it takes it out of the bicycle form and looks like the motor quit on you so you just yanked it out and made do with some peddles. very kool

Beautiful man!

I like the fact that your build remains a bicycle inspite of your inspiration. I'm not too fond of bicyclebuilds that really look like over-the-top motorcycles, less engine. Maybe it's because of the 'normal width tires. With your attention to detail the bike turned out very elegant.
I'm glad you're done with this one so you can make some progress on the Mustang. (And so you did : - ) Fun to see your stuff getting better with each build. Hope to see a whole lot more of your work in the near future.

Cheers.

Thanks everyone!!!!
deorman said:
herr_rudolf said:
Beautiful man!

I like the fact that your build remains a bicycle inspite of your inspiration.

Cheers.
x2

Yeah that was a bit of a balancing act!!

I'm so glad that all you guys like it!
Thanks again! :D

Now on to my new projects! :D

Back