Just an opinion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KOTA said:
Can't wait til next week!......Rumor has it, we're gonna be bashing "Burritos".

sign me up!

that sounds like fun. did i happen to mention i sold all my burrito's like 2 min's ago. :lol: :lol:

honestly i'm pretty laid back, i was just having some fun with ya.
i missed my 666th post, so i figured i'd be alittle evil on my 667th post. :)

everybody's entitled to there own opinion, and it takes alot more than an opinion to push my buttons.
bash away kiddies, bash away!
:D :lol: :D :lol:

icyuod2 said:
o.k. you guys win. 20" bikes suck. i'm gonna sell mine and collect something useful like telephone pole insulators. :roll:

Hey Icy, If you're going to collect phone pole insulators, make sure to limit your collection to only the green glass type . . . the brown ceramic insulators are somewhat useless and will only serve to clog up your collection space! True that someday in the far, far distant future people will view them differently than they do now, but until then, don't even bother with them . . .you will just look silly to the purists! :wink:

icyuod2 said:
KOTA said:
Can't wait til next week!......Rumor has it, we're gonna be bashing "Burritos".

sign me up!

that sounds like fun. did i happen to mention i sold all my burrito's like 2 min's ago. :lol: :lol:

honestly i'm pretty laid back, i was just having some fun with ya.
i missed my 666th post, so i figured i'd be alittle evil on my 667th post. :)

everybody's entitled to there own opinion, and it takes alot more than an opinion to push my buttons.
bash away kiddies, bash away!
:D :lol: :D :lol:
Just having some fun back! :D .........I've got my share of "low" bikes.

Fireproof said:
icyuod2 said:
o.k. you guys win. 20" bikes suck. i'm gonna sell mine and collect something useful like telephone pole insulators. :roll:

Hey Icy, If you're going to collect phone pole insulators, make sure to limit your collection to only the green glass type . . . the brown ceramic insulators are somewhat useless and will only serve to clog up your collection space! True that someday in the far, far distant future people will view them differently than they do now, but until then, don't even bother with them . . .you will just look silly to the purists! :wink:

And if you want to be a real cork-sniffer, you can only collect "threadless" insulators. They are the Krates of the insulator community.

in defense of the 20" stingrays anonymous my name is Mojo and I ride one, oh and im from TEXAS, where its hotter than heck, goin on 34 yrs old and can still ride and keep up wit the best of themenuff said, cheers!!!

i say to each their own. at least collecting stingray type bikes are some what usable. i will say that some of the prices are outrageous but its one of those supply and demand things like everything. i had one real nice ray a 76 5 speed original down to the tubes. but it was stock so stock that i felt bad changing it all so i sold it to terry. 20" bikes are cool at least they dont get high centered going over railroad tracks :shock: oops did i say that?

i get 20" bikes cuz i can stretch them to fit me. :lol:

In the late 50's early 60's teens customized 24 and 26inch bikes, till laws outlawed certain modifications.

The 20 inch muscle bikes were for and about children. Baby boomer kids rode them and now they are collected as a memory of childhood.

Serious street riding like they do at the big custom bicycle meets in Europe - where they may ride for 80 miles or more from one country to another - is done on big adult size 24 and 26 inch bikes, usually with gears. Very very few 20 inch bikes are seen on the long rides.

I rode a stingray as a kid and had fun, but I still like to ride and I'm afraid the 20 inch size doesnt cut it anymore, I've grown up and out. Collecting is one thing, and riding is another.

We've all seen middle age guys ride around town on the new OCC kid size Stingrays, it looks funny. Spoilers are a bit better, they were designed for slightly older riders.

Adults need an adult size ride. The Rat Rod movement is not a kid thing like muscle bikes were in the 60's, its an adult thing. How far do you want to ride?

That circus bear analogy is sadly true :lol:

Dorian

Latest posts

Back