Last Shot....With Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Last Shot

Big Top Bike Shop... the emblems almost make them selves.

xHOBOPHOBIAx said:
Big Top Bike Shop... the emblems almost make them selves.
It could only sound sillier if it was Uncle Stretch's big top bike shop. :lol: :lol: :lol: Could just shorten it to USBTBS...sounds like a hospital now.

Ok I made my choice in tires and rims. Gonna be tan Schawlbs with a 3 speed nexus and chrome rims....still thinking about paint.

tiresforthebuild.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
I could just build in a big tent. I could call it bike builds under the big top. :lol: :lol:

Big Top Bikes!!!

Wow Paul. That is really beautiful.

Thanks Skip It should look pretty good if I can get some good weather to paint it. Basman frame design is about the best of that style of bikes around right now, and the big tube makes it look pretty bulky .Kinda mean looking. I just wish they made a 26 x 3 Schwalbe, because I would be ordering one. :cry:

that's sweet. you could get a top hat and a ring master's coat to ride around in, come on

Markm said:
...what ever happened to your camper? Probably fit a few bikes in there :mrgreen:

yes!! good storage place!!! Mark! you are a genius!!

Its still out there ....19 foot I doubt that there will be too many bikes in there....Hummm that reminds me I need to go camping. I tried the heater and it works good ...naw I'm building bikes right now .

Top hat and tails....what about the whip xhobo . I always wanted a whip. :wink: Maybe Steve could give me my own spot so I dont bother everybody else....Uncle Stretch's Big Top...could be like a stickey or something. Kinda like PEE WEE Herman's big adventure.

Actually Skip that might not be a bad idea...gut the trailer except for the bathroom,fridge air and heat. I could build bikes and if anything happened to me ,my wife could just take the whole thing to the dump....perfect.

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok I made my choice in tires and rims. Gonna be tan Schawlbs with a 3 speed nexus and chrome rims....still thinking about paint.

tiresforthebuild.jpg

Great choice on tires Uncle, was hoping for these ! Allthough the previous bars are stunning, these ones become the bike so much better. Can't wait for paint, time to start sanding :lol:

PS: does your wife dig maroon, like that Felt Chief ?

Ace said:
Uncle Stretch said:

tiresforthebuild.jpg

Great work you old coot. I knew it would be a masterpiece when finished. I too, can't wait to see it painted. Gonna be right nice. I'm sure since this is the wifes, that the HIS version will sport a few different ideas so that it would be even more to your liking. Love to watch your ideas unfold into a reality. Sorry bout the name calling unk (old coot) but it's out of love not hate.

Well Rgallen the old coot is fine. :lol: I feel older everyday . Heard that they are trying to pass a bill that will let me draw SS at 60...and gee I'm 59 1/2 I'm all for it. I'm really torn ,because I know the bike would look killer painted silver ,but it really wouldnt look much different than it does now.....no drastic change. I still have a little bondo smoothing that I'm putting off. I have it all sanded but around the seatpost and for some reason I cant seem to get fired up to finish it. Lazy maybe all of the sudden I'm not sure. Maybe its the cool front and all the rain. I doubt that I will build another. Way more work than I was planning on. :shock: :shock:

Ace I like the bars better too and I'm pretty stuck on these tires since the minute I got the frame built. It would look nice with the blackwall 26 x 3's I have ,but I really like the tan of the Schwalbes.

Siberian all the people run those wide rims and that felt is a beautiful bike. He used every good part you could put on one. If I had one bike I was really trying to make nice and hadd'nt spent lots on bunches of older bikes and frames , I would be willing to spend several hundreds of dollars on wide rims and big tires...Can't justify the cost at this point in my bike building career. :lol: My wife wont go for maroon either. :roll:

Back