Last Shot....With Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Last Shot

Kickstand, perfect!.....Funny you should mention the grinder. Today I was grinding a weld on a seat post I made. I was to LAZY to change the disc on the small grinder, so I used the BIG (heavy) one. I laid it on the bench disc side up, so I could roll the seat post over it. Of course ya know it fell of the bench. Now you gotta picture a 260lb bald guy, jumping up and down, right foot, left foot, like I'm doing high speed "double dutch" jump rope......Sometimes I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. :roll:

Yeah Kota after 15 years as a bricklayer ....cutting brick with your trowel ,you learn everything heads for your foot. You learn real quick to move them when something is falling. I very rarely drop anything on my foot....can't figure out what happened to pull my grinder off of my bench, and i'm really puzzled as to what hit the trigger and got it going. I was in total shock as to how that happened...then it started to hurt....Don't ya just hate that. I'm just glad my skillsaw wasnt up there too. :lol: :lol:

ouch well it could have been worse. i take the angle grinder seriously i have buzzed myself a few times with the flapper wheel and whew that will take skin quick!! so wait you are not going to run the other bars you made? they are both cool but oooooo i dug the other ones

my thumb looked like that one time when my dremmel got away from me. Your first bars looked cool, but those look awesome on that bike, maby put the "bat bars" on your orange bike.

Karfer they looked cool ,but really I dont think they go with this style of build. It had a flap disk on it. I think a regular carbide one would have done worse.Hard to tell. I stick it under my bench now when I'm through with it. :cry: :cry:

Xhobo its funny how something spinning at a million rpm will hurt you. The bars were just a trial deal . they would still have to be expensivly chromed or powder coated. These I can powder coat and it will probably be cheaper ...maybe.

Hey Steve I have something in mind that should look pretty cool....just trying to work out a color that will make Betty and me happy. :lol: It took us 6 months to agree on a couch. :shock:

I hit my knuckle with a grinder sporting a brass brush. It took the skin almost clear down to the bone.

Kickstand- nice and functional

Color- Seafoam green, a nice modern color to match that modern styled frame.

keep the black stuff, paint it tan with a houndstooth seat, that should keep it simple and sissy it up a bit too :mrgreen:

Cool kick stand, i was thinkin, what if ya put a 26 inch skinny tire on the front and maybe a 24x3 on the back kinda like a Harley wide glide look? Nasty a blood shot, man givin it all for this last build Huh. Aw dude took my left thumb off with a router at work one day it took almost 8 hours of surgery to get it hooked back on but they got it done. Still dont work like god made it the first time but it is still workin. I think the new handle bars work well on it.

So I guess we all have had serious problems with motorized equiptment. :D :D :D Hummm maybe we should stick to redoing old bikes with sandpaper and steelwool. I can't remember the last time some sandpaper hurt me if it wasnt attached to something electrical.
I will stick a thin tire on the front and take a shot,but mainly I build with what I have on hand. Buying more bike parts is insane . CCR that was funny "Sissy it up some" :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe black with some pink flames and some hearts. :lol: :lol:

The skinny tire I got....24'' x 3s I dont have. It might fit a 26 x 3 I'm not sure I havent tried it. I have a choice on tires picked out ,just havent stuck them on yet....after paint. Should warm up in a few days and I should be through with the sanding,and can paint this. Will kinda be a letdown when its finished with no more silly stuff to build or dream up. :roll: :roll:

I cut down to the bone with a hacksaw one time... that hurt. Why can't you powder coat the other bars yourself? And it might just be me but I hate seafoam green.

Man yall all have my poor life planned out. Lets see build a bigger shop and then some more bikes and then go into the parts supplying business....shoot that ought to keep me busy. My city uses a computer program that looks a satelite picture and finds any changes and then they raise your property taxes. Gee I need more taxes. I could just build in a big tent. I could call it bike builds under the big top. :lol: :lol: I probably will try to make a bigger tubed version of a Monark fork CCR. Really they are a nothing to build fork. I think one with at least 1'' tubes would look cool.

Oh and xhobo...we gotta shorten that screen name....how about just hobo. :lol: The last time I tried to cure anything in my wifes oven she had a heart attack....she got seriously unhappy. I can get the guy close to do the powder coat as soon as I find out what color the bike will be.Silver is way up there on the list....next red....I was going to go with tan ,but she made that funny face that means ...are you crazy. :oops:

Uncle Stretch said:
Man yall all have my poor life planned out. Lets see build a bigger shop and then some more bikes and then go into the parts supplying business....shoot that ought to keep me busy. My city uses a computer program that looks a satelite picture and finds any changes and then they raise your property taxes. Gee I need more taxes. I could just build in a big tent. I could call it bike builds under the big top. :lol: :lol: I probably will try to make a bigger tubed version of a Monark fork CCR. Really they are a nothing to build fork. I think one with at least 1'' tubes would look cool.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back