Last Shot....With Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Last Shot

Rat Rod said:
I vote orange with creme scallops...and fat white walls. :wink:
She wanted orange to match my bike ,but I'm not sure. The only fat whitewalls they make are those fattie-o's and at $100 a piece I dont think you will be seeing them on there anytime soon. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Uncle Stretch said:
I have it all sanded but around the seatpost and for some reason I cant seem to get fired up to finish it. Lazy maybe all of the sudden I'm not sure. Maybe its the cool front and all the rain. I doubt that I will build another. Way more work than I was planning on. :shock: :shock:
I'm guessing your arm must hurt a bit :shock: but who's rushing you ? Take your time, there's always another year for a second attempt.
I just can't picture you playing chess all the time. :mrgreen:
Uncle Stretch said:
Ace I like the bars better too and I'm pretty stuck on these tires since the minute I got the frame built. It would look nice with the blackwall 26 x 3's I have ,but I really like the tan of the Schwalbes.
Me too, please keep them right where they are. 8)
Uncle Stretch said:
She wanted orange to match my bike ,but I'm not sure.
Perhaps someone here could try and photoshop a few colours of your choice on your bike ?
I wish I knew how all that editing works, or I would do it for you using paint.
Shame she doesn't dig maroon though !

Thanks Ace. I use to like chess when I was younger :roll: Now in life it takes a little more physical to keep me occupied . I'm pretty happy with the way this bike is going ,and all the nice things everybody has to say about it. You can build something ,but if nobody likes it, there is not much gratification in the results. With all the cold weather around our country ,most of the bike builders are shut down. I like to build in the winter to give everybody something to watch. Its like a build participation thing. The bike really dosent matter...Its just a bike. The fun is in the talk and dreams. It will keep everybody thinking and then come spring all the really good bike builders will unleash their talents and some really cool bikes will be built. :D

what about a cool brown...like the chairs in the background
and maybe beige/brown forks?

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Ace. I use to like chess when I was younger :roll: Now in life it takes a little more physical to keep me occupied . I'm pretty happy with the way this bike is going ,and all the nice things everybody has to say about it. You can build something ,but if nobody likes it, there is not much gratification in the results. With all the cold weather around our country ,most of the bike builders are shut down. I like to build in the winter to give everybody something to watch. Its like a build participation thing. The bike really dosent matter...Its just a bike. The fun is in the talk and dreams. It will keep everybody thinking and then come spring all the really good bike builders will unleash their talents and some really cool bikes will be built. :D
That's exactly why people are in :shock: about this being your last build. You are one of the, if not the best motivators and of great inspiration on this board.
Please don't stop. Playing chess I mean. :wink:

Hummm I wonder if Duplicolor makes that...but your getting closer.....got to think like a female...gee that might be hard to do since in 59 years I still dont understand how they think :roll:

Ace It always bothers me when I hear someone say "Man I Wish I Could Weld" Its not like having to learn how to do a heart transplant. The thing that stops people is not trying. Build something and then build something else...with each try you learn a little more and with each try you get a little better...till one day you can build anything you can dream.

For me it's a matter of time. I have co-workers than can weld and teach me, but it's always a madhouse at work...but in all fairness, I could learn in my own time and stay a bit longer, it's all a matter of priorities I guess. I hear you, and think you are right. :mrgreen: but not everybody has access to bending and welding equipment...

Yeah Ace I know what you mean. Its hard sometime to find time for anything. I have to keep myself busy doing something. Its hard to look at other peoples lives and understand the demand life take to make it. I always think...bend a tube....grind the ends where it will fit another tube really nice and then when you get a minute bend another tube. Its funny I bend some stuff up and then lay it on the ground and try to figure where I could make a few cuts and come up with a neat frame design...works pretty good. Thats the way my orange bike came about , and I think its one of my best.

Great bike , I really like it and you have made something special , Id love to see it with a four stroke , youve got me thinking about a scratch built beefed up Monark type springer , I was set on doing an Indian leaf spring but its very difficult to get the spring rate light enough to work well ,
lovely bicycle mate .

Thanks . I dont know if yall have them, but golf carts here have the perfect small leaf spring to work on a fork.

Ok I got off my lazy rear and finished sanding all the bondo . I stuck the Nitro Stan on the spots, and all thats left is to have a nice day .....sand the red stuff down with some water and 1000 grit..... and paint. I found a color called pewter by duplicolor. Its like silver with just a hint of tan . Should look pretty good...The wife approved anyway. So now have to wait a couple days till this cool spell is over and then it should be painted. :wink:

nitrostan002.jpg

pewter is a nice color, kinda champaign, but better.

Cool a budy of mine has a new Chevy truck that is pewter color. Get this, last night my brother got me a brand new wire feed welder from harbor freight. Spent the day today melting metal a lot more practice and i might just be able to run a good beed :D

xHOBOPHOBIAx said:
pewter is a nice color, kinda champaign, but better.
I bought a nice silver ,but after shooting a little on some pipe ,I thought the pewter looked better. they both are close.

maddogrider said:
Cool a budy of mine has a new Chevy truck that is pewter color. Get this, last night my brother got me a brand new wire feed welder from harbor freight. Spent the day today melting metal a lot more practice and i might just be able to run a good beed :D

Nice brother... Man your just a litle practice away from the wild frame build that you have always wanted. :lol:

Yeah with my space heater going wide open , between the bondo and the nitro stan ,I figured I was going up in smoke.....News at 5 ...idiot blows himself up with bondo and a space heater.... :shock: :shock:

Back