Looking forward to RRBBO#8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCHWINNRAY69: Come on Bro! Park it on the back porch. If I can help you with any parts, I am willing, don't have a lot of cool stuff but I can come up with some parts for ya! Won't be the same without you!

I got some names made up so I'm ready! I don't have any idea about what to build but I got names and that's the the hardest part. And colors. I know 3 that I want to use if I find something or build something. I still have time though. Build off starts in a month or 2 correct?
Oh and I think the rules for anything goes are if you have a custom made frame YOU have to make/build it(saw a post that someone said they were thinking about having a frame made for them for A.T.G.B.O.). Ask Steve though....he wants to answer your questions! :lol:

sensor said:
...he wants to answer your questions! :lol:

We(moderators) have been instructed that anyone promoting asking questions will have their build off topics locked and pics will be replaced with photos of bratz lowriders and princess bikes, you've been warned :!: :!: :!:

Entirely kidding of course :wink: :lol:

The Renaissance Man said:
Been thinking more about the Motobike and how to approach the build.

I'm sure that building this type of bike would put me out of any hopes of placing very high in the competition, but as I have seen stated before, the real prize is the bike itself!

quote]
I say --Build It! Just winning the competition is not enought-----You'll set the direction for the furture.
And besides---I'd like to see it.

You have an interesting choice there Renaissance Man...

A question for you all, I am familiar to the one frame change rule, but is there a ruling on whether you can enter a build in anything goes and another build in standard rules, and do the 2 builds at once?
I guess the issue would be if you stray beyond the rules in the "no mod" class and your build gets bumped to "anything goes" you would then have to decide which one to continue with... :?:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
A question for you all, I am familiar to the one frame change rule, but is there a ruling on whether you can enter a build in anything goes and another build in standard rules, and do the 2 builds at once?

Luke.
My understanding is only one build.I think RatRod covered that in the new rules.

ONLY 30 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
I need to start clearing space in my shop!!!!!!

I'm still a noob here and have never really done more than hobby wrenching on cruisers and throwing together the odd frankenbike from trash can saves but think I might just throw my hat in the ring with the CWC Roadmaster I just got. Maybe ill carve a tank from surfboard foam for it. If nothing else it will drive me to build myself a sweet ride.

kim_dude said:
I'm still a noob here and have never really done more than hobby wrenching on cruisers and throwing together the odd frankenbike from trash can saves but think I might just throw my hat in the ring with the CWC Roadmaster I just got. Maybe ill carve a tank from surfboard foam for it. If nothing else it will drive me to build myself a sweet ride.

That is the perfect attitude!!! Just look at my signature line.

Also only 30 days until the return of Jake "Git To Buildin" Sensei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bike is going to be wicked fun. I have the parts setting on the floor in my apartment and I can hardly resist building it now!!

I'm assuming the "bike must not be already built" refers to it not being built as you are going to enter it rather than an existing complete bike that you are going to redo for the RRBO.

That means built as you plan to enter it as a finished bike. You can start with a complete bike, it just has to look different by the deadline :wink:

I feel like what I just wrote doesn't make any sense, but hopefully you understand :lol:

Rockit said it... kind of. :lol:

It means that in the end you will submit a finished bike that you started as a project no earlier than the start date of the build off.

You can start with a complete bike on day 1 and go from there, but you cannot start your project BEFORE the start of the build off.

So this is not a build off to finish a bike you started a while back or just to enter something you built a few weeks ago or a few years ago.

yoothgeye said:
Rockit said it... kind of. :lol:

It means that in the end you will submit a finished bike that you started as a project no earlier than the start date of the build off.

You can start with a complete bike on day 1 and go from there, but you cannot start your project BEFORE the start of the build off.

So this is not a build off to finish a bike you started a while back or just to enter something you built a few weeks ago or a few years ago.

I've been "building" mine in my head and with drawings ahead of time, plus gathering parts. I hope that's not considered starting before I'm supposed to! :!: :?: :!:

Back