Midwest Bike Swap... April 25th Haysville, Ks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont know who it was... :roll:

But someone posted about the swapmeet on the local craigslist right after my post.... http://wichita.craigslist.org/bik/1708389921.html and they gave an incorrect location for the swap. "New
Market Center" ???? I appreciate people getting excited about the swap and all that, but I really dont want anyone confused as to where the swap will be located. I tried flagging the post, even emailed.... but its still there :roll:

In other news... I have barely begun to load up, had to wait for the rain to go away, looks like I will be loading tonight. And it looks like its gonna take several trips. So please bear with me in the morning while im running aorund trying to get setup.

See everyone in the morning!!!

Dan... Im glad you can make it!! save that skiptooth for me :wink:

the Rancheros packed full almost thought I was gonna need to get the 3/4 ton Dodge out but managed to squeeze it all in :p :lol: a few frames, banana seats, seats, sissy-bars, handlebars, lots of tires and rims and some other misc stuff cant wait see you all tomorrow

Thanks for putting together a terrific event, Mitch.

The turn out was fantastic. Lots of people coming through and buying stuff from lots of people selling lots of goodies.

My day had a rough start when I found someone had cut the wiring harness for my trailer lights. Then I had a pre-sold trike kit fall out of the truck and under the trailer.

I got the Flatliner pinstriped and Harry did a fantastic job.
40885113.jpg

a5ce7dbb.jpg

51efd6bc.jpg

I had to work hard, but managed to keep my buying to a minimum. Got a couple sweet chain guards from aka_locojoe and I got a tank back from 450redrider. And an awesome Coasters shirt.
0e0b85a0.jpg

7c6c869b.jpg

a502caa3.jpg

Most important thing is that I got rid of a lot of stuff that would end up in the trash next week.

Awesome Time!!!

Turnout was HUGE! Surpassed my expectations especially being a first time deal. Tons of Sellers and plenty of buyers too, I saw a lot of bikes and parts trading hands. Smiles everywhere!

Me personally... I Grilled and sold 111 out of 112 hot dogs :D brought three bikes to sell and ended up giving two of them away, and eventually sold the other one. I even brought home a bike, story on that later. Overall I thought the swap went pretty smooth, no issues to speak of. Everyone I spoke to was having a good time both buying and selling.

A BIG THANK YOU to all who participated and made this event a success!! This event just proved to me that the Wichita area was in "need" of a swap meet.

Next year... the 2nd annual will no doubt be BIGGER and BETTER.

Cameron, sorry you "dropped" off a few parts along the way, but pretty cool you went back to get them.... AND sell them!! A lil road rash just adds character!

WOW...this swap meet was bigger and better than I thought would happen, for a first time event. I thought it would be some of the regular Coaster BC people trading amoungest our selves. And yes that happened. But where did all of these other people come from? Lots of new faces getting involved in the vintage and rat bike scene. COOL.
I sold lots of stuff and therefore regained space for some new finds and projects, YES.
A big THANK YOU, to Ratfink1962 and aka_Locojoe, for putting this event together. And everybody else who showed up to buy, sell and even give away cool old bike stuff.
Look forward to next years swap meet.

Great time! Thanks Mitch! All the photos here.
What you don't see in these photos is the near 30mph wind. Geeeeeez.
First this RRB member group photo...
IMG_1182.JPG

Top left: udallcustombikes, ratfink1962, 65rat. Bottom left: 450redrider, aka_locojoe, dangratsdan.

IMG_1146.JPG

Garagegoon. He had already left by the time we got around to taking the group photo.

IMG_1175.JPG

Me and my 1 purchase. So many things I wanted I couldn't make up my mind and it all got snatched up in the meantime.

IMG_1116.JPG

Pinstriper.

IMG_1089.JPG

ratfink1962's wife's bike in foreground.

IMG_1127.JPG

"Bike Corral"

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

I like the group picture...Now I can put names with faces of all the dudes I have sold and traded parts to the last few months... :lol:

IMG_1080.JPG

BTW we've still got shirts left. I have the following t-shirts...
Coasters
1 Green XL
1 Navy 3XL

Pub Pedal
1 Green XL
1 Green L
2 Navy 2XL
1 Navy L
2 Navy XL
1 Navy M

My Mother's embroidered shirts can be ordered online here http://butterflysgiftshop.net/store/index.php?cPath=112 or let me know if you see one you want and I'll grab it for you.

Thanks to those who already bought shirts. Wear them proudly.

Thanks Mitch for getting this all put together, Somehow I managed to not make it over to get a hotdog :oops: :cry: but my parents did. Randy I'll take the green xl coasters let me know and I'll get with you I should be getting those decals tomorrow, I had a blast and diffently can't wait till next year.
Here's my purchases of the day
DSCF2885.jpg

DSCF2879.jpg

DSCF2875.jpg

DSCF2877.jpg

DSCF2880.jpg

DSCF2881.jpg

DSCF2882.jpg

Looks like yall did have a great turn out.

We must be catching some of that lovely wind that you were having...it's been the same here all weekend.

That group shot is awesome too!!!

Rat Rod said:
Looks like yall did have a great turn out.

We must be catching some of that lovely wind that you were having...it's been the same here all weekend.

That group shot is awesome too!!!

The group shot was kind of a last minute thing we all forgot until 65rat said something to me about it

It looks like the swap went well. I would have liked to come down but we had the Gear Grinder Show last night. Congrates on your first swap, looks like a great turnout.

Your welcome guys... but this is YOUR swap, I just got the location setup. So I would say you guys did an awesome job!!

Cody,
Thanks for that Skiptooth chainring, I think I might have a special use for it. Sorry you missed out on the dogs.

For that bike I bought... Anybody have a jackhammer I could borrow? :D

Back