NERRB NoHo Sort’a Freeze Your Beep Off Spring Ride Pics!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would this have been a stupid idea?

• Total voters
Awesome time,good to see you Ian, hope you caught the melonbug.
Even my wife had a great time meeting these great folks...Stevil

Despite the fact that at present it is 11-degrees below zero outside this ride is still on.

If the bike path is rideable right? It probably isn't presently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked the forecast for this Thursday?

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Snowpocalyse 2014

oh no, really? ugh, I'm so done. I miss riding. But I am getting in some epic snowshoe days so far.

Snow? What snow???

8177902158_f9a155835a_o-resized.jpg

Shorts? What shorts???

20130711-FS8A7419.jpg

With yet another round of snow predicted for tomorrow, this event has been moved to Sunday March, 23rd. Mother Nature has won round 2 – so far we are 0 and 2 against her. She’s a tough opponent.

Arg. This is longest I've gone without riding in years. It's even too crappy to jog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully, we’ll be able to get this ride in by August. :)

Last edited:
Latest long range outlook is for Snow beginning late in the day on July 31 and continuing throughout the day on August 1. Accumulations expected to be between 12-16" wight he heaviest snow coming in the earlier afternoon at a rate of 2" per hour. Global warming has taken a back seat to the long lost cousin of El Nino and El Nina - El Crapo! He brings persistent cold air that freezes the airborne humidity and dumps it in ever accumulating abundance. Not be outdone, he has setup an atmospheric barrier that does not allow the sun to breakdown that white stuff into a liquid H2O so that we can RIDE!!!!! Anyone have a bike trailer that is sturdy enough for a jet dryer?? Maybe then we can get a couple hundred yards of bike path cleared and say we went riding!! Sheesh!~

Last year it was held on Sunday March, 24th; if there is a scheduling conflict this year, we’ll advance the Freeze Your BEEP-Off for the Sunday before on March 16th. This arrangement will allow us to ride a week earlier than expected, while permitting us to impetuously drain our pockets the following Sunday!

Back